CMRT module. A rough estimate will do.

One way to deal with that is to keep a list of your priorities and what order you want to deliver things and work that list making sure you release things "when they are done". :D sounds familiar doesn't it. The successful companies I have worked for have all done this no matter what name they gave it. Keeping to your priorities (but revaluating them from time to time) and working on the items at the top of your list with the resources that are available works. What it doesn't do is offer a schedule of releases 3 or 4 years ahead.

I am wondering if you guys even have any schedule at all...

Damn! You got us!! We have no schedule, plans, or even thoughts about future development. Heck, we don't even know what we're doing today. We just like to fly by the seats of our pants without a clue. That is, after all, the best way for a company to stay in business. Clueless is the only way to succeed!

Or...

Thing is, the flak you take for not releasing information is always exceeded by the flak you take for missing a published date ( even IF it was a "rough guess" :rolleyes:  ).

Ergo ...

Correct :) Unlike Mr. Negativity above, you get a Gold Star for paying attention.

We've already stated the rough order of which things will happen. A Module for Red Thunder is planned, but it is not at the top of that list. Therefore, it's safe to presume you won't see anything for Red Thunder this year.

Steve

For Eastern Front players there is nothing that can rival it. If you don't believe me, try having a discussion with an Eastern Front grog about why it's not the most popular wargame subject matter. I've never been burned at the stake for hearsay and/or witchcraft, but I do have some sense of what it was like for those poor sods :D

Steve

For Eastern Front players there is nothing that can rival it. If you don't believe me, try having a discussion with an Eastern Front grog about why it's not the most popular wargame subject matter. I've never been burned at the stake for hearsay and/or witchcraft, but I do have some sense of what it was like for those poor sods :D

Steve

A dog and his bone... :(

I know you gave us a reason for not giving the Eastern front your priority and I do no doubt it, because you guys are sharp enough to know where the business is, but I still regret it. For me Black Sea and Italy are just distractions, that do not or do not really appeal to me. Since I'm a minority I have to live with it and I will, but I'm far from happy with it.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Dear Aragorn2002, strong essences are held in small bottles. Don't worry ;) soviet storm will come - again. And even though no modules this year.... How about a battle pack ? does that entail less work than a whole module @steve @BFC ?

Thanks guys.

Essentially I LOVE the Normandy era. However I've been watching and watching endless documentaries on 'Soviet Storm'. And my God, they're 'rich' in detail and history. I also saw for the first time what the Axis had.. Two GIANT mortars - one called Odin, the other I forgot... Impressive era.

I am the complete opposite from you Aragorn. i found CMRT is my least played CMx2 game (ahead of CMSF and CMA) even tho looking at my bookshelf you would see it is heavy on Pike and shot era warfare and history, Napoleon and the Russian front.

But CMBS, now that is at the top on my list and has been since its release. And there is something about the Italian Theater that appeals to me . Maybe its the different terrain or the fact that it is one lesser well-known campaigns in WWII.

Like you i will probably every release BFC has planned right now. Looking forward to the Bulge and that green hell called Hurtgen!

Regards,

Abbasid

I just want to reassure you guys that the relative size of the Eastern Front Fanatics Club is not influencing development priorities. Time since last release is. CMFI is the furthest "behind" and therefore should be first to get some new content. CMRT is in the middle and therefore shouldn't be our first priority.

Note that CMBN is largely done so we're experimenting with an entirely new concept with that Family. Specifically Battle Packs, which add scenarios/campaigns for existing content. This means CMBN is out of the mix of major development efforts.

Steve

I should add one more thing about the development priorities. Some Eastern Front Fanatics Club members think that we should, believing that their numbers and dedication warrant a higher rating on the development calendar. The irony is if we did take Eastern Front interest into account for development decisions, it would result in an even longer wait time for new content because the Eastern Front isn't the area of strongest interest. So be happy we're using different logic because it will result in more CMRT content sooner than it would otherwise :D

Steve