Does Bill H still play?

"Does Bill (sic) H (sic) still play?" What a wonderfully complex question!

Rather, you should ask,"Has he ever "played""?

Some would describe his style as being on a plateau far above mere "playing". Others are just ignorant.

Although his abilities are immeasurable, rumor has it that his hands begin to tremor when he hears "stens".

;)

Bil, whenever you have some spare time, I wouldn't mind learning at the feet of the master. :-)

Hmmm.. I don't normally accept challenges... please attach your military service and wargaming resume.  Note that I prefer to play serving or prior military opponents and rarely play against those that do not have a military background.  Though I do make exceptions.

Ken, I have a love-hate relationship with Stens..  I love them when I have them and hate them when my opponent does.  ;)

Hmmm.. I don't normally accept challenges... please attach your military service and wargaming resume.  Note that I prefer to play serving or prior military opponents and rarely play against those that do not have a military background.  Though I do make exceptions.

Ken, I have a love-hate relationship with Stens..  I love them when I have them and hate them when my opponent does.   ;)

Well, that rules me out! Not that I'd have a chance at any rate. :P

I was in a MASH unit for a few years in the 1980s. Played some cardboard war games in high school.

Bill, after some thought, and reading some more of your AARs, I better withdraw my challenge. You seem like you enjoy historically realistic force picks and period tactics, while I'm much more of a "gamey" player.

C3K I really enjoyed the AAR of your game with Bil. Very entertaining! Thanks, delliejonut, for sending me the link to that. I must have missed it the first time around.

Well, I can confirm Doug is a Good player. And maybe he claims he does not like scenarios. But I recall him doing extremely well in a Tournament I hosted where it was based on scenarios.

(like he won it)  So a little too modest with that reply.

I will donate some of my service time to him. (but it requires he post a AAR of your battle with Bil)

Bil and I have been in PMs, and he has (sorta) agreed to give me a shot at the Championship (or, more likely, put me down in a mercy killing), in the form of a QB (terms to be negotiated), as long as I agree to an AAR. Think of this forthcoming AAR as a documentary of my annihilation, with, hopefully, some witty comments. :-)

First, I have to clear my current dance card (ongoing PBEMs) in order to concentrate on the lessons I will learn under the cruel tutelage of "Kill Bil" Hardenberger.

• 1 month later...

FYI Doug and I are just starting up this game... the ongoing battle reports (not really an AAR and I refuse to use DAR) will be posted in the CMFI forum.  Should be interesting, Doug is a tournament champion and comes highly recommended so I expect this to be a hard fought battle in the mountains of Italy.  Initial pre-battle analysis and unit purchasing is going on right now.

I was one of the last to play Doug, it'll be interesting to see how you handle him Bil. Did you two set up any house rules beforehand?

Only one:  up to 33% allowable (853 points for a medium ME) for armor (tanks, SPGs, halftracks, etc)... anything else goes

I will be playing the US while Doug will be the Germans.