The Battle of La Ferme Dupont - A CAAR

Loved the grenade sequence a few posts back which did for the Americans in the family plot.

And I wish it had been better placed and taken out all three! I'm losing the war of attrition. It seems nuts to sit and let the enemy come to us; it's granting initiative I don't wish to give, but then they can't really get to the farm alive as long as we're on the wood lot anyway.

I'm hoping I can get my computer running and the game reinstalled by Sunday so I can obtain more material for this AAR. I have enough for a day of two more of the story, then it's time to see how much Kohl hurts me....and if the infantry gun ever gets in action, it may be a game-changer in my favour. I Don't think he has anything in firepower.

Edited by Bud_B

Arrggh, that ominous Rumbling beyond zee trees...zee suspenze ist killing me...

Great action.  Keep it coming. 

Heinrich505

Thank you! The second three minutes of the battle are ending up with almost double the number of panels of the first. I was initially worried if I had much to show, and then as I looked over the screenshots I realised a hell of a lot had happened this last while.

That rrrrrrrrmmmmmmbbbbbllll stuff is supposed to represent the assortment of collective fire and movement in the distance. I hope that comes across. Don't want anyone expecting tanks in this battle!

That rrrrrrrrmmmmmmbbbbbllll stuff is supposed to represent the assortment of collective fire and movement in the distance. I hope that comes across. Don't want anyone expecting tanks in this battle!

I think I figured it out but it does make you think of tanks or something ominous.  If you ever do a AAR like this that includes tanks you may find you want to use that sound effect to represent an unseen tank near by.  I don't really have an alternative suggestion of the top of my head but I bet some people could throw out a few...

I think it's great fun when people use their imagination and immerse themselves in the game beyond the technical details of weapons systems etc. :)

I love technical details. But the more I play the game I discover that unless there is a vast technical disparity between two forces, it's the one that is better led and organized that will succeed over the one that has better tech. The game really challenges a lot of my assumptions.