The Battle of La Ferme Dupont - A CAAR

Loving it Bud!  I check often to see if you've posted any updates.  :)

It is looking grim for you... but I hope you can pull your forces together enough to come back and whip that damned Texan.  ;)

I won't be turning to Santa Anna for tips, Bil! As you'll see, I have the farm. It's just very uncertain if I can keep it...

I'm delighted you're still looking in. I am working on a series now that will take us just past half the 30 minutes in the battle.

Bud,

Yes, you may have the farm, but your next job is to try and keep from "buying the farm."  :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Panic seems to be contagious once a good leader goes down.  However, Willi is still lurking.  He seems to have a lucky star...so far.  He might turn things around, I hope.

Heinrich505

Bud,

Yes, you may have the farm, but your next job is to try and keep from "buying the farm."  :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Panic seems to be contagious once a good leader goes down.  However, Willi is still lurking.  He seems to have a lucky star...so far.  He might turn things around, I hope.

Heinrich505

You're right about the panic being contagious issue... as will be shown... :(

Once the occupation begins, if Willy is lucky and ends up in the American Zone, he might be the nucleus of a Baseball team! :P

At this point in the battle, I was feeling much like Sgt. Hirsch: with two Mg42s covering the fields approaching the farm, it was not. More a question of ammo than manpower to keep the farm and win.

Kohl showed me how wrong I was and the remaining 14 minutes were a nail biter for me.

Edited by Bud_B

Good start to your defense of the farm!   Looking forward to the finish.

I must say that all the arrows in your situation graphic are hard for me to get my mind around.. took a bit for me to realize you were pointing to locations rather than identifying movement (which is what arrows normally indicate).  Still, it is a handy addition.

Good start to your defense of the farm!   Looking forward to the finish.

I must say that all the arrows in your situation graphic are hard for me to get my mind around.. took a bit for me to realize you were pointing to locations rather than identifying movement (which is what arrows normally indicate).  Still, it is a handy addition.

Sorry about the confusion, Bil. If I merely put labels, it would encompass a too large area and leave readers wondering where exactly a unit is. So I used arrows, with the tip being what is described in the text of the arrow. Perhaps I should have explained that was what I was doing. If you have suggestions, please give them to me, as I want to make the next CAAR better! :)

Bud,

Very nice job.  I noticed you got a bandage on the wounded Lt. Warner in post #237.  Your skill at this continues to improve.  

I think your fan base may demand you portray the career of the fighting Warners.  From a prequel of Private Warner in 1943 Sicily, to Lt. Warner in 1944 Normandy, to Cpt, Warner in CM Bulge through VE day.  Then you can move on to the grandson, Sgt. Warner, fighting in the Ukraine for the family's new homeland.............. It will be like Sgt. Rock generations, multiple fronts and multiple wars ............  Almost forgot.  There will be a CMSF2 someday.  Now the son also a place in history...........

I look forward to reading all those panels. :)            

Bud,

Very nice job. I noticed you got a bandage on the wounded Lt. Warner in post #237. Your skill at this continues to improve.

I think your fan base may demand you portray the career of the fighting Warners. From a prequel of Private Warner in 1943 Sicily, to Lt. Warner in 1944 Normandy, to Cpt, Warner in CM Bulge through VE day. Then you can move on to the grandson, Sgt. Warner, fighting in the Ukraine for the family's new homeland.............. It will be like Sgt. Rock generations, multiple fronts and multiple wars ............ Almost forgot. There will be a CMSF2 someday. Now the son also a place in history...........

I look forward to reading all those panels. :)

Wow, thanks very much for the compliments :)

I'm glad the bandaged Warner was noticed. I recall in Tintin someone getting hurt and appearing later with a head bandage; I wanted to give homage to that style of representation.

Haha, your idea of character continuity is something I've been thinking about...for a few weeks. I don't have CMFI but

Kohlenklau is doing a bang up job of promoting all the WWII CM titles. :D I do have Red Thunder, so.... What about this?

IMG_0848.JPG

None of this precludes reappearances of Warner, Dietrich and Hirsch in another German-centric CAAR, as well as an armour character not appearing in the current CAAR as neither Kohl nor I have any armour in this tiny battle. I've gotten find of this little bunch. :) I'd like to show more of the various sides however: Russian (WWII and modern), American - or perhaps Canadian.

Edited by Bud_B

Up in the attic I have a box of old comics. 1960's and 70's. Some are war comics. I think I have some Marvel and mostly DC.

Marvel only had "Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos" but DC had several series with "Sgt Rock", "Haunted Tank", "Unknown Soldier" and "The Losers".

Memories of riding my banana seat bicycle way over town to the new 7-11, (with no helmet!).Get a slurpee, some now or laters and a comic book.

In my corduroys and windbreaker!

Thanks for doing this great project Bud. Looking forward to many more. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

Up in the attic I have a box of old comics. 1960's and 70's. Some are war comics. I think I have some Marvel and mostly DC.

Marvel only had "Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos" but DC had several series with "Sgt Rock", "Haunted Tank", "Unknown Soldier" and "The Losers".

Memories of riding my banana seat bicycle way over town to the new 7-11, (with no helmet!).Get a slurpee, some now or laters and a comic book.

In my corduroys and windbreaker!

Thanks for doing this great project Bud. Looking forward to many more. :D

Hey, we're not done with this story yet!!

When I was a kid, I remember being excited to see Donald Duck comics. I didn't think superheroes like Spider-Man or Batman were realistic, but a talking duck, why not? LOL I was mad (and still am) about Tintin. The Nam was intriguing to me only because it dealt with another war I'm fascinated by, but I never really got into it that much.

Edited by Bud_B