The Battle of La Ferme Dupont - A CAAR

So 1/3 of the game time has elapsed and I'm at the farm, which is of course the objective.

No time to sit in the kitchen, cook some potatoes and have some bread, cheese, wine and carrots. Kohl is surprising me with how spread out he has become. Aside from contacts all over the friggin place, i believe he has, though I can't see them all, units near the fence midway between the farm and the southern wood, a lot more men in the southern wood itself, and a bunch of people coming around from behind the orchard. We have the same number of points so it may be he's split his squads into teams, but it's disconcerting to see what appears to be three times my units in the field!

I'm also pissed off that first squad lost their LMG. It would have been really handy to have it in the farmhouse or barn. With the HMG out of action (hopefully only temporarily) I'm getting worried.

Edited by Bud_B

Oh man!  A moment of silence for the LMG gunner.  He saved the squad.  Someone has to go back for his identity disk...and maybe the LMG too. 

Ah, I didn't see that coming.  Fortunes of war.

Heinrich505

Thanks, Heinrich!

Yeah, that LMG gunner was great. Everyone else except the SGT was just cowering on the ground, and he just lied down and opened up. He didn't kill anything, but he did likely make some GIs duck and stop shooting which saved the squad. Given how must Kohl has advanced toward the farm as well, it's feeling like a bigger gamble than I realized. Still, I'm hopeful Hirsch and his boys will make any GI attack on the farm cost Kohl dearly. 

Nope, it has been requested before - along with being able to toggle crosses on and off.  Both of which would be really helpful for screen shot and video takers.

Thanks, Ian. I assume that I can't get rid of the "Game Paused" text near the Center top of the screen either then?