The Battle of La Ferme Dupont - A CAAR

Excellent, nice to see the IG in action and nice write up.

Thanks. Getting them in action has been a long process. We are by the last panel ten minutes into a thirty minute game and only now am I finally getting it into action! In retrospect, I am not sure if I'd be better served with either another HMG or perhaps a light mortar in direct fire mode.

Yeah I don't have much experience with IGs bit nothing beats HE for dislodging the enemy. Clearly they need some friends nearby in case they come under fire.

Yeah, I never imagined Kohl would get right to my lines so quickly. I thought I could move out and had 3rd squad not died so early on I might have a better level of protection for the IG. Live and learn! 

You have a competent and aggressive opponent; you should be thankful :D - makes for good material!

He's been a blast to play against. We're down to one game right now between us but at one point we had 4 and it's always a good challenging match. :) 

Bud,

Great to see the gun in action.  That will give the Ami something to ponder.

Did you do something to get them to rally or did they just grit their teeth and get to it?

Heinrich505

I am not sure I did anything specific. I Think that I'm giving the G.I.s more targets so that the IG is maybe taking less direct fire? It also may be that the replacement leader to the one killed has morale bonus so they recovered faster.