Seriously, best game yet!

Well thanks to the blizzard last night I didn't have to work today!  What better way to spend a snowed in day?

Black Sea is the best yet in my opinion.  It's completely engrossing and consuming.  This is the game I've been waiting for since falling for modern era because of Shock Force.

I'm completely loving playing as the modern Russian Army.  Now I have to split my time playing as the Soviets in WWII and the Russians in the Ukraine, oh the humanity!

Great work gang, you continually impress year after year.  Combat Mission is the only game I've played so intensely and for so long.  Sheesh, since 2001!  Fourteen years of non-stop combat goodness.

Ok, I'm fawning.  But seriously, this title really deserves the praise.  Just incredible.

Totally agree. Having a blast with CMBS (literally). I have never played SF so this is my first CM title not in WWII. I dropped in some of the generic mods from CMRT such as sound and grass textures and they look & sound great.

I also recently purchased a 30-day license for Steel Beasts Pro PE and I have to say CMBS is much more enjoyable. Of course you can't get in the turret in CMBS but outside the tank CMBS looks better and feels better and definitely plays better.

Great job guys! 

I am absolutely loving the use of choppers. You hear them come around, here a missile launch and suddenly something blows up. Most amazing thing ever. Course, when I am on the receiving side of that experience, I'm probably not going to enjoy it. But the whole experience is so much different than the WWII titles, which I love.
Fantastic game. Wow.

Totally agree. Having a blast with CMBS (literally). I have never played SF so this is my first CM title not in WWII. I dropped in some of the generic mods from CMRT such as sound and grass textures and they look & sound great.

I also recently purchased a 30-day license for Steel Beasts Pro PE and I have to say CMBS is much more enjoyable. Of course you can't get in the turret in CMBS but outside the tank CMBS looks better and feels better and definitely plays better.

Great job guys! 

I agree about CMBS and feel that it's streets ahead of SF although that is not entirely a fair comparison, as I had been an early adopter of SF and abandoned it three months after an initial release that BF itself admitted had been rushed.  I'm sure it's really good now, if not, I suspect, quite as evolved as Black Sea.

I must note the coincidence; I, too, got back into Steel Beasts Pro PE while waiting for BS to come out, having not played SB for many years.  I think you are perhaps a little hard on it.  It is a superb sim (recently updated to v3.025) and much enhanced by many years of demanding military clients.  It has the best scenario editor I have ever used, great terrain (especially given that it needs to be rendered in both 3-D, 2-D and first-person) and I was thrilled to see the non-abstracted implementation of both UAVs and attack helicopters.  I also found a virtual unit (called the Dogs of War) most of whose members are current and ex-military and who play battalion-level scenarios in the sim fully commed up and with a very high level of tactical expertise.  So, I intend to play both games side by side quite far into the future.

Great job guys!

So are you saying that some CMRT mods work on CMBS. Not really surprised..just hadn't heard anyone actually trying them.

i am also enjoying CMBS, but im having a hard time changing from my old ww2 tactics and it is costing me =( i never really got into CMSF because i wasnt too interested in the subject matter. 

CMSF was a great 1st New Modern. I still play CMSF because it is FUN :)

CMBS is a whole other world of New Modern... almost 8 years more mature... in a different environment with much more equivalent...  BANG!

WWII tactics are a solid foundation to understand what is possible in New Modern lordhedgwich.. so in many ways you are ahead in the learning curve having WWII CM experience... in my opinion.

CMSF was a great 1st New Modern. I still play CMSF because it is FUN :)

CMBS is a whole other world of New Modern... almost 8 years more mature... in a different environment with much more equivalent...  BANG!

WWII tactics are a solid foundation to understand what is possible in New Modern lordhedgwich.. so in many ways you are ahead in the learning curve having WWII CM experience... in my opinion.

until some kind of ATGM takes me out from 2000m in one hit i dont feel so ahead of the learning curve then lol

I did recently play a good portion of CMSF+modules, modded a lot of files too.

Now, I can truly see how far the game has been developed until this CMBS. From so many points of view the game has evolved, improved, it has been enriched in details and features (and these are just the improvements we can immediately see as players).

The quality of map design has improved too, scenario designers seem to have found more ways to exploit the terrain editor, and they seem to be following a strong realistic methodology when it comes to fitting the available terrain features toghether.

Absolutely agree with TS.

At first, when new information on Black Sea started to pop up, I thought that this will be just CMBN "reskin" and I was too sceptical on this project, then came up new videos with unfinished textures and etc. and thought - "OMG, they're making just CMBN reskin, I'll skip it for sure" and this feeling was all the way till final release. 
My friend(HUSKER on the forum :)) preordered it and asked me If I'll order CMBS too. I decided to wait when game will be released and will ask him - "So? How's CMBS?".
And you know, his word were just - "It's amazing!" and I decided to get CMBS, I was preparing myself for "so-so" CM.
Finally, when I downloaded it I started first scenario and damn! It's really amazing. I like dev. team approach on CMBS, it really feels different and it's definitely not a "CMBN reskin" and is one or even two heads above CMSF for me. Whole week we were playing WeGO TCP/IP Scenarios and QBs.
New ideas like laser/GPS guided artillery munition, ERA and APS systems, UAVs, EWS and etc. - they are so nicely done, I couldn't believe that it will be done in such a good way.

Thanks Developers and Battlefront team, - you brought me back to Combat Mission. :)

From a technical and performance standpoint CMBS is king. In fact, I got $20 off by not upgrading CMBN and CMFI to 3x. Although they all use the same "engine" there is no comparison when CMBS required new models and who knows what else. I think BN and CI (and all the mods) run just fine in 2x. I simply don't see the value in upgrading. When they do a new module, then I'll buy in.

From a technical and performance standpoint CMBS is king. In fact, I got $20 off by not upgrading CMBN and CMFI to 3x. Although they all use the same "engine" there is no comparison when CMBS required new models and who knows what else. I think BN and CI (and all the mods) run just fine in 2x. I simply don't see the value in upgrading. When they do a new module, then I'll buy in.

but the hit decals on the vehicles is worth 10 bucks alone i love seeing where the shell went through 

I wouldn't say its the Best,,,

But it is awesome from the "Near-future" prospective

of the possible conflict that the current "Super-powers"

could get into from a fictional conflict,, its Fun!

I do alot better with RT and BB,,

Im struggling with figureing out how best to use the 

hi-tech equiptment.

CM Black Sea is  a Top-notch sim in its own right!!