How many games do you have going at once?

I like 5, h2h going on at a time.

For me, I find that keeps me with about a hour of game play I can do each night on the adv. Just about what I can fit in my schedule.

Of course it all just depends on who you are playing and how fast the turn rate flips.

It is best to add players one or two at a time to see how it affects the time it takes to play them.

I tend to keep 4 to 6 PBEMs going, and I tend to stick with opponents who can do a turn a day. As slysniper pointed out, I can manage doing 6 turns in around a hour when I get home from work. On weekends, I wish I had more games going, but it just wouldn't be a good idea Mon-Fri.

Got 15 going on at the moment in all 3 theaters. 4 of the games are with "hard core" opponents who get out 1 turn a day and often do 2-5+ turns a day.

The other games are at a slower pace 1 to 4 turns a week. I play the game of the month on The Blitz and one of these days will try out some ladder games on the FGM-at the moment I have some game going on with some members.

Always nice to find/have good reliable h2h opponents. You can try out some of the unbalanced, but interesting battles that you normally wouldn't play h2h due to balancing issues.

I only have 4 games going right now because I'm trying to wind down in anticipation of the version 3 update, which will probably break ongoing games. (I prefer not to keep multiple installs of the games.)

This is a good point. I confess I haven't been reading the BFC forums as often as I used to since the release of RT. Any idea how soon the V3 updates for CMBN/CMFI might be released? I might hold off on starting any more PBEMs if it's going to be "soon".

bobo,

Finally, an easy question! Zero presently. A condition I hope to rectify, should my TDC (Tactical Decision Computer) deign to reboot! When I finally have my Wargame Brain™online again, I'll probably not be in the East for some time. Bocage? Polder? Hmm. Back in my CMx1 tournament days, my high was five (Invitational Tourney and Row I simultaneously), but that was tough at a turn per tourney, per day, sometimes more and keeping up with detailed AAR logs, too.

Regards,

John Kettler