CMRT on 27" monitor is a great experience

BDW

I decided to upgrade my monitor about the same time CMRT was released. I opted for a 27" wide screen monitor (1920x1080). I HIGHLY recommend this for serious CM players. I no longer have to use the widescreen view option (which always led me to thinking the enemy was further away, which skewed by decision making).

Now, with the wide 1920x1080 view on such a large area, I have much better situational awareness. It just feels so much easier to play the game. I find myself panning and moving the camera much less. More sense of immersion in the game, too. It is like a breath of fresh air.

I could never go back to my old square monitor. Also, the 1920x1080 is just right; the UI is not too small, and everything feels good (my eyes are about 2-3 ft from the screen).

Maybe I'm late to the party on widescreen large displays, but this is game-changer for me and CM! I highly recommend.

cheers!

I will be looking closely at the new Benq XL2720G 27" monitor when it comes out in a couple of months - not only a good size/res for ailing eyes (as per comments above) but also comes with gsync technology to (supposedly) eliminate tearing and stutter/blurring when paired with a compatible graphics card. Not cheap but YOLO, as the kids say.

On my 32 inch Dell-monitor the game looks very good and runs smooth at 2560 X 1600

A have a hard time making my mind up though if i should run the game at this resolution or lower it to maybe 1920 X 1200

At 2560 X 1600 the UI covers only 1/3 of the screen... wich is 'not perfect'

I hope BFC soon will be able to implement an UI that scales better with the chosen resoulution.

I would prefer to play at the highes resolution possible...

I hooked it up to my 110" high def projector with my home theater surround sound. :)

My men never died so gloriously!

That was only a temporary "proof of concept" hook up. I shall have to make it permanent at some point. The various hi-res mods really make it pop. As do the sound mods.

One of my computers is set up with multiple screens. (A pair of 24" 1920x1200.) It would be sooo sweet if we could get CMRT to scale across multiple displays.

I'd like a 27", or to upgrade to something like the 1440's or the 30"+ with 2560x1600.

(FWIW, I think that 16:10 (1920x1200) is FAR superior to 16:9 (1920x1080) for game playing and work. The extra real estate makes a difference, to me.)

The UI covering 1/3 of the screen: do you have a screenshot? That sounds like an excessive amount of space given up to the UI.

Ken

The UI covering 1/3 of the screen: do you have a screenshot? That sounds like an excessive amount of space given up to the UI.

Ken

I'm sorry... I might not have described that in the best way...What i ment was that the UI only cover 1/3 of the lower part of the screen....

X = entire screen

o = UI

I = unused black areas (would be good if The UI could strech to use some of this)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

IIIIIIIoooooIIIIIIII

A good monitor greatly enhances the experience of any visually intesive application such as a game, i d say. I couldnt believe my eyes when i fired up CM the first time after i had plugged in the new HD widescreen i bought to replace my 10 years old 4:3 screen.

My TV doubles as my computer monitor and frankly, it gets precious little use as a TV. It seems like backward thinking to use a notebook monitor to play CM while reserving your big expensive HD monitor for watching Gilligan's Island reruns. ;)

Well, except for Mary Ann, of course!

Since the end of 2008 I have never played CM on anything else then my 1920x1200 24" monitor. Welcome, my friend.

Wow, just came to realize that was a good buy. Samsung 2443bw still going strong after almost 6 years for a mere 250 euro's. No dead pixels either.