Black sea game

Could BFC please stop making 'fictitious' modern games?

I mean all the efforts in pulling strings on the Maidan and in the Kremlin just to promote their upcoming game? Would that not have been better invested into just making a better game? Really, you should get your priorities right.

Personally I will get seriously worried when they announce 'Fulda Gap' and BFCs marketing starts to work on a time machine for promotion.

A concerned customer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LockOn is a great game. Another modern air combat game i ve been looking at since a year or os is DCS A-10. Maybe i ll get it some day.

DCS A-10 is a must buy if you are intrested in modern flight sims :) You will not regret it ! the price is quite low now a days...

Clickable cockpits and hi fidelity modeling of avionics and flightmodels are a bigg improvement over LockOn i think...

Don't let the 700 page manual scare you away :)

Lot's of help to be found in the forum and also by watching youtube videos.

You will be up and flying and dropping bombs in no time...:D

Anyways, LockOn/DCS went there first. :)

Not quite first. US Navy Fighters, 1994 is the earliest one I'm aware of. :)

DCS A10 is great, but a lot of effort and DCS World as a whole seems to be quite the work-in-progress. Good tutorials are available, though, and the in-game ones are good enough to get you started (..quite literally). You can get it on Steam for very little money once it pops up as a deal again, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're into flight sims.

Another early candidate for Ukraine vs Russia was Su-27 Flanker, a fantastic sim for its time. It focussed entirely on the Crimea.

Yes, good point. Su-27 Flanker was projenitor for LockOn and follow-ons, but LockOn was first that I played.

Blame Nikita Khrushchev‎. A native Ukrainian, he handed over the Crimean oblast to the Ukrainian SSR in the 50s, iirc, as a good will gesture. It was then a province of the USSR. Little did he know...

Thanks for that info. I was already wondering why they did that in '54.

I mean all the efforts in pulling strings on the Maidan and in the Kremlin just to promote their upcoming game? Would that not have been better invested into just making a better game?

I've always wondered about the size of the Battlefront marketing budget. It must be a lot more substantial than I've ever considered.

Or they are remarkably well informed and/or have great geopolitical foresight. This worries me :eek:

Geopolitical foresight isnt that difficult if you have sufficient information. I recently read a great book about the systematic of warfare by Fritz B. Simon called 'Tödliche Konflikte -Zur Selbstorganisation privater und öffentlicher Kriege' (Deadly Conflicts - How private and public wars organise themselves). You can get quite accurate results on predicting certain geopolitical events by analysing the economical situation, the organisation of the government, the behaviour and rethorics of political leaders and the media inside of a country.

Apocalypse 2014 -

Pump up the volume! ;-)

You Tube says that that video is "not available in your country". Hmmmm.

BTW, hi, Baron. Haven't seen you around for quite a while and was wondering when you'd turn up. I would have thought that the announcement of CMRT would have had you dancing with joy.

Michael

Michael link worked OK in UK...

I'll get on a plane right away.

;)

Lets hope everything just stays in a computer game and does not turn hot...

I'm afraid that may be a vain hope. I just heard on the news this morning that the Russians have given the Ukrainian forces in Crimea an ultimatum to surrender their arms or face the consequences. Hard to see anything but unhappiness for a lot of people coming from this.

:(

Michael