Now GL is out

Hey Para, how's it going?

I was wondering when someone was going to report that on this board. After DL'ing late last night, I was only able to fire up one FJ scenario to get a lookee. NICE! But I have had no time to play around with it.

lol you know me, we have been waiting on info for MG for ages.

I am not bad mjkerner, you?

I didn' pre-order GL I didn't want to have to pay the tax again. Just going to get a download sometime later today.

I am very eagerly waiting for MG, not only for the content, but to have the GL game improvements in BN. Now that GL has the BN v2.01 improvements+ it represents the state of the game. This is just like walking, one title is always a step ahead of the other.

Here's the incomplete list from the GL readme:

NEW v1.10 GAME FEATURES included in the Module:

* Improved range of video card and driver compatibility with shaders.

* Possible speed improvements depending on video card hardware and drivers.

* Minor fixes and adjustments to shader behavior.

* Corrected a problem that allowed mortars to change location but retain too much target acquisition.

* Corrected accuracy issues with on-map artillery.

* MGs fire longer, more accurate bursts.

* Suppression from small arms fire accumulates faster.

* Improved hit location calculations on bunkers.

* Corrected a problem with soldiers bringing their weapons along when leaving bunkers.

* Improved calculation of damage from anti-vehicle mines.

* Path following improved on bridges, vertical moves between building levels, heavy weapon deployment and through marsh/ford areas.

* Corrected small problems with the display of weapon deployment time.

* Small arms fire versus unarmored vehicles is more effective.

* Vehicles with paused movement orders no longer have lowered accuracy.

* The purple targeting line for Pop Smoke disappears when it should.

* Italian 47mm AP now has a bursting charge.

* PSW 231 armored car turret rotation is properly centered.

* SPW 251/10 halftrack can carry a 3-man HQ team in addition to its crew.

* US high-explosive rifle grenades operate correctly.

* Engagement range of US B.A.R. increased to reflect usage as a form of LMG.

* Miscellaneous 3D model fixes.

Not mentioned in that list is the "all important" FoW unit information clamp, this feature alone would lead me to playing mostly GL until BN has this feature.

I am very eagerly waiting for MG, not only for the content, but to have the GL game improvements in BN. Now that GL has the BN v2.01 improvements+ it represents the state of the game. This is just like walking, one title is always a step ahead of the other.

Here's the incomplete list from the GL readme:

NEW v1.10 GAME FEATURES included in the Module:

* Improved range of video card and driver compatibility with shaders.

* Possible speed improvements depending on video card hardware and drivers.

* Minor fixes and adjustments to shader behavior.

* Corrected a problem that allowed mortars to change location but retain too much target acquisition.

* Corrected accuracy issues with on-map artillery.

* MGs fire longer, more accurate bursts.

* Suppression from small arms fire accumulates faster.

* Improved hit location calculations on bunkers.

* Corrected a problem with soldiers bringing their weapons along when leaving bunkers.

* Improved calculation of damage from anti-vehicle mines.

* Path following improved on bridges, vertical moves between building levels, heavy weapon deployment and through marsh/ford areas.

* Corrected small problems with the display of weapon deployment time.

* Small arms fire versus unarmored vehicles is more effective.

* Vehicles with paused movement orders no longer have lowered accuracy.

* The purple targeting line for Pop Smoke disappears when it should.

* Italian 47mm AP now has a bursting charge.

* PSW 231 armored car turret rotation is properly centered.

* SPW 251/10 halftrack can carry a 3-man HQ team in addition to its crew.

* US high-explosive rifle grenades operate correctly.

* Engagement range of US B.A.R. increased to reflect usage as a form of LMG.

* Miscellaneous 3D model fixes.

Not mentioned in that list is the "all important" FoW unit information clamp, this feature alone would lead me to playing mostly GL until BN has this feature.

Thank for posting that sfhand

What, GL is finally out now? How could i miss this? I am immideatly going to the BFC store and download it and then call my girlfriend and tell her she is going to eat dinner alone! She will be enraged, but what can i do? Duty is calling, my pixeltruppen need me!

Thank for posting that sfhand

To be clear, looking at the BN v2.01 release note reveal some of the same changes. For me the two biggies are the FoW information panel clamp (not listed), and the paused tank accuracy fix. Oh, and no need for the thanks but the sentiment is noted :)

Since GL includes winter weather and ground conditions, it also has a new uniform option for greatcoats. This is not just a re-skin but a new physical soldier model, and it feels like a little preview of the Bulge game.

Of course the greatcoats in GL are clean and dark green, so I'll expect modders to gets some snow on them right away.

Anychance of some titbits on MG please?

Hey Para, I am (too?) getting a little (understatement of the year) annoyed on this absence of Market Garden news.

Where the bl#^dy F#%k are them Arnhemboys?????

And I ain't gonna buy this Forces of Italy-thing! Despite my heart-wrenching jealousy that those who have, have yet another new toy to play with.

I WANT MY MARKET GARDEN!!!

(Thank God I'm not behaving like a tantrum throwing little kid.):D

Hey Para, I am (too?) getting a little (understatement of the year) annoyed on this absence of Market Garden news.

Where the bl#^dy F#%k are them Arnhemboys?????

And I ain't gonna buy this Forces of Italy-thing! Despite my heart-wrenching jealousy that those who have, have yet another new toy to play with.

I WANT MY MARKET GARDEN!!!

(Thank God I'm not behaving like a tantrum throwing little kid.):D

Good to know I am not the only one feeling left out ;)

We'll start talking about the details very soon, beginning with describing the new stuff that's being added in a bit more detail than has happened so far. I think screenshots shouldn't be too far away.

Steve

I think I will explode before then ... BF are on steroids.

We'll start talking about the details very soon, beginning with describing the new stuff that's being added in a bit more detail than has happened so far. I think screenshots shouldn't be too far away.

Steve

Thank you Steve

Steve

Oosterbeek- perimeter, late sept. '44.

Runner: "Yes Sir, this time it's confirmed. We've spotted Allied troops on the other side of the river!"

Officer: "Thank God, finally! Now if they only cross the river in a hurry, we'll all be safe and happy."

:D

sfhand,

The bridge pathing nightmare's finally fixed? Woo hoo! No more laser guided relocated mortars? Woo hoo twice! Small arms fire is aimed at softskins, not just occupants? What a concept! MGs shoot at the target now and fire useful bursts? Outstanding. AT mines work properly (not that I've ever encountered or used any)? Wonderful.

I look forward to seeing these improvements retrofitted to CMBN, which at my present speed and learning rate I'll be playing when Operation Bagration comes out! Sigh.

As for MG, if BFC doesn't feature airdrops of canisters with para maroon berets when ammo's desperately needed, then the game will obviously be completely broken and require extensive revision. Ha!

On a more serious note, will there be some sort of die roll for gunning down the descending and/or just landed paras by all and sundry? The period footage that this was done is dispositive. I look forward also to 88s firing the length of a brick schoolhouse, taking out huge chunks of every wall in their path. As long as my guys aren't in said schoolhouse.

And, BFC, please may we have proper demolition charges for things like, oh, bridges? Placing TRPs for heavy and super heavy artillery to get that effect needs to graciously yield to ordnance modeling progress, don't you think? Are UNCONs usable for wandering mental patients? Gliders would be cool.

Regards,

John Kettler

What i think we really need are destroyed/crashed gliders and some sort of para reinforcements as in the scenario maker placing a DZ where they can set what times paras can drop in. I know we can do this already ,but instead of them just appear, have them drop down and have them actually appear in the sky and drop down but enemy AAA guns and MGs can shoot at them. Now that would be awesome...

Also what john said about demo charges would be freaking awesome, give them to pioneers and add a "place demo charge" button with a "detonate charge" button next to it. If you did that i would love you guys forever...

I do like the idea about the para drop iMolestCats.

Lots of flavour objects would be nice, gliders, canisters, chutes etc. +1 demo charges and ability to blow bridges. I would love to see fire make an appearance too, but doubt it will.

I do like the idea about the para drop iMolestCats.

Lots of flavour objects would be nice, gliders, canisters, chutes etc. +1 demo charges and ability to blow bridges. I would love to see fire make an appearance too, but doubt it will.

I think that they have been secretly working on fire all this time and will bombshell everyone when it appears in MG :)