2013 according to Steve

Thought, I´d post Steve´s comment from the CM:FI forum about the plans for 2013 here too. Those owning only CMBN might not have seen it:

Our schedule is a bit flexible, but as of now for 2013:

Normandy 2.01 patch

Normandy 1.12 patch

Italy 1.02 patch

Something Nice

CMBN Market Garden

CMEF 1 (1944-1945, starting with Bagration)

CMSF 2 (introduces v3.0)

For 2014:

CM Bulge

CMEF 2 (1943-1944, starting with Kursk)

Various Packs sprinkled in here and there along the way. But it's too difficult to say what and when specifically.

We have no plans on doing a North Africa game at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it happening.

Steve

Having read the forementioned schedule, I'm under the impression that Market Garden is not te be expected before the second half of 2013.

I don´t think you can necessarily conclude that: The first three items on the list are patches - and I would imagine that much of the content of these three patches would be the same. So they could be released within a very short time span, I think. If so, then MG would be number two on the list - after "Something Nice".

Having read the forementioned schedule, I'm under the impression that Market Garden is not te be expected before the second half of 2013. Not what I hoped for.

And are there any guesses what "Something Nice" will be? Could it be Vietnam? Korea? The Pacific?

my expectations are high again.

probably more sitting with me in a bistro at the sunny beach in "Nice" eating a few mussels with french fries and nipping a little Côtes de Provence ;) and talking about god and the world (even better with a few female companions :D .

probably more sitting with me in a bistro at the sunny beach in "Nice" eating a few mussels with french fries and nipping a little Côtes de Provence ;) and talking about god and the world (even better with a few female companions :D .

Wow man,

currently snow and ice and cold here in Holland. Your perfect scenario makes my heart ache with longing: I want "NICE", too!

Why move backwards in time with the eastern front game? Wouldn't it make more sense to start with operation barbarossa and move forward from there? Not really complaining, I'd just like to know the reasoning behind such a decision.

Because all the 44 German weapons and TO&Es are already in the system. They just need to build the Russians and the local landscape. Then with Kursk most of the German weapons from CMFI (43) could be used.

Just add the few units, equipments only available in the previous year.

I'm not a programmer but I work on the edges of a programming environment. I'm guessing there is or will be only one massive database for all the units/terrains/behaviors. BFC selects a few parameters and outputs a specific game for a specific region and time frame. But this database is still being added to, which causes the gap between deliveries. At some point it seems deliveries should pick up steam.

Because all the 44 German weapons and TO&Es are already in the system. They just need to build the Russians and the local landscape. Then with Kursk most of the German weapons from CMFI (43) could be used.

Just add the few units, equipments only available in the previous year.

I'm not a programmer but I work on the edges of a programming environment. I'm guessing there is or will be only one massive database for all the units/terrains/behaviors. BFC selects a few parameters and outputs a specific game for a specific region and time frame. But this database is still being added to, which causes the gap between deliveries. At some point it seems deliveries should pick up steam.

Makes sense. Like I said, I wasn't complaining. Just curious is all.

I'm already drooling at the thought of a new eastern front CM no matter the timeframe. :)

Why move backwards in time with the eastern front game? Wouldn't it make more sense to start with operation barbarossa and move forward from there? Not really complaining, I'd just like to know the reasoning behind such a decision.

Because it will sell more. People like JSII's and SU152's more than those piddly little BTS and 7 ..s ... personally I will buy anything - but I think its a consideration.

Crap tanks need love too!

Personally I find duels between old, crappy tanks much more interesting than between modern (as far as WW2 goes) ones, but that's just me. :)

I agree. I played a lot of the early years using CMBB. Very interesting combat using the 1941,42 and 43 tanks and no shrecks or fausts which compared to CMBN were way too effective.