Can a gamer get a fix?

So the new CMFI is amazing! I'd love to shower Battlefront with tons of praise but I'm sure they've had enough of that already. The detail and all the features are very thoughtful. I haven’t played the ‘Normandy’ variant but when the v2.0 engine is released for it I’ll purchase that one as well. I’m so impressed with this game that I can’t wait for more Italy releases. I could in vision a Monte Cassino version . . . and that brings me back to the reasons for this message; Fallschirmjager and MP40’s. 1st- There aren’t any German paras depicted CMFI yet the 1st parachute division provided a critical role on the Island. Sadly Germany's elite are left out, are there any plans to correct this oversight? 2nd- Axis soldiers with rifles won’t pick up machine pistols. MG34 and 42 assistants with pistols won’t pick them up as well as commanders with pistols won’t pick up them up either, not to mention Italians won’t pick up M38s! Why is the machine pistol so undervalued? The Fallschirmjager used this weapon with great effectiveness, in fact they popularized the MP38/ 40 having 1 in 4 men caring them at the start of the war but the ratio creased as the war progressed. Is there a way fix this issue so MP's are a high value pick-up like MG's? Thanks again for the super game!

That typeface. Please burn it.

Otherwise I approve of your post. In my opinion, this is the best Combat Mission ever.

About the MPs...I guess it has something to do with the fact that most of the action takes place at long range and pistol ammunition is kind of scarce and gets used up really fast. But not replacing a pistol with a machine pistol does sound very wrong. Then again, the assistant gunner needs his hands free. And a battalion commander probably has other stuff to do with his hands than tote an SMG. But having one slung on your back is a good life insurance policy on the battlefield. Might be a bug.

I'm not sure on the specifics but I think it was the Brits who came up against the Fallschirmjager.Primasole bridge if memory serves.If so they will possibly be added when the Commonwealth expansion is done,or maybe a later expansion.

The US paras fought the FJ at Carentan between the 10th and the 15th of June 1944.

Given that the discussion was about the contents of FI and not BN, I'd guess that yes, he is. The question is, are you?

:rolleyes:

Michael

But why bother even pointing it out, it's not like i was going to start a massive discussion about Carentan, i was just pointing out to Chek that the US paras also fought the FJ, i didn't expect an admonishment, i guess some people are born traffic wardens.

Isn't using Comic Sans a felony in most jurisdictions?

Honestly, it should be a crime. Murder is bad, sure, but using Comic Sans? That's much, much, worse. :D

But why bother even pointing it out, it's not like i was going to start a massive discussion about Carentan, i was just pointing out to Chek that the US paras also fought the FJ, i didn't expect an admonishment, i guess some people are born traffic wardens.

Over-reacting, much? You made a comment that was correct but off-topic, he pointed it out - end of story. There's no need to get all emotional about it. There are plenty of far more important things to worry about - it's not like you were arguing for the need to properly model Bren tripods in the game. :D

Over-reacting, much? You made a comment that was correct but off-topic, he pointed it out - end of story. There's no need to get all emotional about it. There are plenty of far more important things to worry about - it's not like you were arguing for the need to properly model Bren tripods in the game. :D

Me getting emotional about it ?!?!..............i'm going to hunt you down and murder you in your bed for that comment.

My praise for the advancements of the engine, too.

Everything feels even more realistical and looks much better, although being faster, too. So far i haven't found a single aspect, i would rate worse than the previous version.

In one of the last games i wanted to make a fast shift of armored vehicles and they had to pass one location. A few vehicles were slower than expected and a jam would have resulted - thanks to moveable waypoints there was no need to plot 50 points again. Only a few comfortable click&drags and it was done. Really, really good.

Telling you off? Um, no? Are we reading the same post? :confused:

It wasn't so much what you said, but the perceived way you said it, IMO you could of said the same thing in a less strident way, but obviously, by your perplexed response to my response to your response (lol) you did not intend to cause offence, so i will take your name off the list :)

Emrys however, is moving up that list faster than Russell Brand in a Katie Perry factory :)

It wasn't so much what you said, but the perceived way you said it, IMO you could of said the same thing in a less strident way, but obviously, by your perplexed response to my response to your response (lol) you did not intend to cause offence, so i will take your name off the list :)

Emrys however, is moving up that list faster than Russell Brand in a Katie Perry factory :)

I don't think it was so much strident as abrupt. ND was out of line even posting here until he finishes that AAR. I think he was in a hurry to get back to it before we all started tossing crap at the screen. :D

Abrupt is a much better description of the response.

I think its a good idea to not try and read too much into the tone of a response on a message board. There is absolutely too much left open for interpretation in a strictly written medium.

Now if someone calls you an $%^#bag then by all means feel free to be offended ;).