Italians!!

I'm really curious to see 3D models of the Italian soldiers!

From the first screen that appears above the ground is very well done and also the Italian veichle, although the 90/53 were very few!

I believe that playing with the Italians would be very funny, especially because there were many divisions of infantry with a few really heavy armaments.

I am really very happy that I'm Italian, you can play CM in this theater.

I wait to see what they look like 3D models of the Italians.

a greeting

Ayyyyyy!!! Joey has "the place for ribs", so why should we gainsay him?

And ISTR that in spite of miserable logistics, leadership, mobility, tactical doctrine and increasingly, morale, the Italian infantry had a rep for being quite dogged in close quarter battle, both on defense and offense. A hard won legacy of the Isonzo front campaigns of WWI. You didn't want to go to sleep at night in the front line opposing them. Lots of grenades and infiltration.

Ayyyyyy!!! Joey has "the place for ribs", so why should we gainsay him?

And ISTR that in spite of miserable logistics, leadership, mobility, tactical doctrine and increasingly, morale, the Italian infantry had a rep for being quite dogged in close quarter battle, both on defense and offense. A hard won legacy of the Isonzo front campaigns of WWI. You didn't want to go to sleep at night in the front line opposing them. Lots of grenades and infiltration.

A reputation worthy of Latin Infantry.

I like your enthusiasm, Joe. I think we are gonna have to wait a bit longer for pics of the Italian uniforms. From what was said yesterday, they are using place holder graphics at the moment. But it shouldn't be too long.

I am excited too. I love having access to the less popular/known equipment and troops. I am a big fan of strange looking vehicles and the Italians seem to have lots. They are gonna be fun to play!

Mord.

The Italians may have had miserable logistics, but ISTR they had field rations that were the envy of all armies in WWII -- pasta, wine, etc.

You need water, lots of water, to prepare pasta. In the desert...oops!

Actually, the average Italian soldier probably had the very worst rations in NA, although their officers seem to have eaten well.

Michael

The US military got a lot of assistance in the Sicilian invasion from the U.S. Mafia, who had underground connections throughout Sicily. Remember The Godfather starts with Michael Corleone returning from his service in WWII. I think he served in the Pacific, though. :)

Now that you mention it there could have been allied civilian 'spies' (Mafia or otherwise) passing through German lines, just like spies in CMSF. The monkeywrench in that idea is in CMSF a spy could transmit his accumulated knowledge with a simple celphone call. In Sicily 1943 how would a behind-lines spy get timely information to the allies? A note tied to a carrier pigeon? :)