Roadmap for CMBN releases

If I understand correctly, this is what is going to happen for the CMBN family:

1) Patch (fix that King Tiger!)

2) Upgrade package to v2.0 (after CMFI is released)

3) Market Garden (which only runs on CMBN v2.0)

This is it right?

Sorry if this information is a already available, but right now there are so many threads I could

not keep up.

I am still stunned :-)

That's my understanding as well. Although they haven't said anything about the patch recently that I have seen I assume it's still on the way.

Okay, so I am not the only one who could not find any confirmation on the patch in this avalanche of information. BFC, what about the patch, is it still on?

I pre-ordered CMFI as BF deserves the cash for all the great work they do for us.

But, I'll be a bit bummed if I have to actually buy a patch/upgrade soon after the game is released...

I also wonder how our devoted modders (esp Aris) are going to cope with all new mods to make. I doubt Aris had time to actually play CMBN. :(

I really hope BF hire him. Not sure how far they can go once real money is being made expecting people to do SO much work for free. The CM series would not be nearly as much fun without those super mods those talented volunteers have created for us.

I also wonder how our devoted modders (esp Aris) are going to cope with all new mods to make.

Same way we always do. Decide what to do and then create.

LOL you think Aris is gonna have a headache, you should grasp what DC is doing at this very moment. To get an idea, look in the Brit formations and Canadian formations folder of the CW portrait mod. He's patching unis and vehicles for EVERY portrait plus other stuff. Off hand guess, I'd say he's gonna be doing close to 1000 individual pieces if not more.

I really hope BF hire him. Not sure how far they can go once real money is being made expecting people to do SO much work for free. The CM series would not be nearly as much fun without those super mods those talented volunteers have created for us.

BFC doesn't expect us to do anything. We choose to do it. We are all lucky enough they allow parts of their game to be manipulated and that it can be done without having to have a degree in programing. Every single vehicle Aris does is because he loves to do them. LOL nobody put a gun to his head and said Aris, Mod every vehicle. It was a challenge he placed upon himself. And he's kicked ass!

Don't worry about the super mods, Erwin. There will always be guys to do them 'cause that's what we do. The joy of creating and all that.

Mord.

I pre-ordered CMFI as BF deserves the cash for all the great work they do for us.

But, I'll be a bit bummed if I have to actually buy a patch/upgrade soon after the game is released...

I don't see that happening since CMFI will be CMx2 version 2.0 out of the box.

Same way we always do. Decide what to do and then create.

LOL you think Aris is gonna have a headache, you should grasp what DC is doing at this very moment. To get an idea, look in the Brit formations and Canadian formations folder of the CW portrait mod. He's patching unis and vehicles for EVERY portrait plus other stuff. Off hand guess, I'd say he's gonna be doing close to 1000 individual pieces if not more.

BFC doesn't expect us to do anything. We choose to do it. We are all lucky enough they allow parts of their game to be manipulated and that it can be done without having to have a degree in programing. Every single vehicle Aris does is because he loves to do them. LOL nobody put a gun to his head and said Aris, Mod every vehicle. It was a challenge he placed upon himself. And he's kicked ass!

Don't worry about the super mods, Erwin. There will always be guys to do them 'cause that's what we do. The joy of creating and all that.

Mord.

And a quick nod to the guys who do the work for BFC (Jean-Vincent, Dan, Cassio etc I don't know who all works on this). You probably feel totally unappreciated maybe even worse than the beta testers from the comments on the forum. Don't sweat it, you do great work. Subjective opinion will always drive mod work, you aren't going to please everyone.

And a quick nod to the guys who do the work for BFC (Jean-Vincent, Dan, Cassio etc I don't know who all works on this). You probably feel totally unappreciated maybe even worse than the beta testers from the comments on the forum. Don't sweat it, you do great work. Subjective opinion will always drive mod work, you aren't going to please everyone.

You got that right. I did a Herman Goring Division uniform mod to use with spd's Italian Campaign mod. I used RL uniforms in museums and reenactor uniform pics for reference; the tropical uniforms were pretty orange-ish, and so mine have a similar cast. Looking at the CMFI pics, BFC's HG Division uniforms are much, much better looking. Much more natural, IMHO.

Yes, we've got some ultra talented people here working on this game. The new alpha screens are surely proof. I think any of us that have put any time into modding, or scenario design, can really appreciate the efforts and work that goes into the product. In reality the BFC team paves the road and then we just come along for the ride and plant flowers. And as hobbyists, we have the luxury of picking and choosing what we'll work on...if it gets hairy and frustrating we can set it aside for a while or trash it...the pros gotta stand their ground and fight through until it's hammered into submission. There's A LOT to be said for that!

Together, all the artists and designers and Beta Testers, both BFC and amateur, help push the envelope and beauty of this game...it's a shared effort and one I am extremely happy and proud to be a part of.

That's my sappy take on it anyway...

Mord.

I look at it like this....

I'm pretty sure that if the guys working for BFC had unlimited time and budget, they could do most of what we do as amateur modders, and quite possibly/likely of an even better quality.

I know from the insane amount of time I've personally spent with the modding, that if they were to do this, then the game would take so much time to get out the door that it would lose money.

This is where we come in as amateurs, and 'pick and choose', as Mord said, what interests us.

There's a lot of collective knowledge and skill out here in the community that adds to what we were given, enhancing it, but using the building blocks we were given.

I have some respect for the original artists who had to deal with all the transformation/stretching issues as their artwork was laid over the models and still made it look pretty good.