Drakenlorde's HD Muzzle Flash

I like what you're doing with photo-realistic flame effects in the game, but I feel I have to mention that the shape of the muzzle flash in CMBN is wrong. The vast majority of WWI-era small arms had no flash hiders or muzzle brakes to shape the flash by directing the exiting gasses. Thus the flash should be a sort of cloud of flame extending forward from the muzzle, not the star-shaped flash with the majority extending perpendicular to the muzzle. Don't know how much that matters to you, but I thought I should mention it if you're after maximum realism.

Already diownloaded. But, are you doing a new version re Bimmer's comments?

Not sure he/we can shape the flash with an alpha channel or if the flash is a 3D model that we are stuck with, like trying to put realistic camo on a helmet that is basically modelled "flat". Those default flashes look like a direct import from CMSF.

Good stuff. Probably a bit small by real world standards, but then again anything too big would likely look cartoonish in-game.

BTW, a quick Google search will turn up photos of muzzle flash from various WWII-era weapons if you'd like to see what the real thing looks like.