Prisoners! We don't take no stinkin' prisoners.

These Germans picked the wrong American TD crew to try and surrender to. They knelt down about 25m in front of it and put up their hands.

The TD trained its weapon on them, held it there about 30 seconds.

PrisonersA.jpg

And then...

PrisonersB.jpg

BTW, this incident happened at the end of a rather nasty fight. Seemed to me pretty realistic that this would of happened.

• 2 weeks later...
Put em in an SS hitlerjugend unifrom and all of a sudden noone wants to take them alive. Quite right too.

I really wish they'd allow the intentional shooting of SS prisoners in CW because I have no space for child killers in my POW camps.

Yeah I would agree.. keep it light on comments here. This is what starts huge arguments.. and no one likes to talk bad about all the... bad things the Allies did, or did not do. Boths sides commited ill acts... War is hell.... literaly.

Yeah I would agree.. keep it light on comments here. This is what starts huge arguments.. and no one likes to talk bad about all the... bad things the Allies did, or did not do. Boths sides commited ill acts... War is hell.... literaly.

Well said, the Allies (all countries) where no saints in WW2. Firebombing Dresden for instance. Those bomber crews slaughtered loads of women and children in horrific ways.

If Germany had won we'd all be slagging of bomber Harris and his pilots etc. Or the Russians.

I had the same thing happen in one of my early CMBN games. The German even begins shouting "surrender!" and is cut down anyway.

Had this happen my first game. A German team had gotten split up at a hedgerow gap. The one guy on the opposite side didn't want to surrender, but his sqaud mates did. unfortunately they were on my side so they took the brunt of all the fire. When I first noticed it I was a bit freaked. Once I'd realized what was happening I felt a little better, but it was still kind of brutal.

Put em in an SS hitlerjugend unifrom and all of a sudden noone wants to take them alive. Quite right too.

I really wish they'd allow the intentional shooting of SS prisoners in CW because I have no space for child killers in my POW camps.

+1

Us Canadians have a special place for these "people" in Normandy. Let me at the 12 SS.

+1

Us Canadians have a special place for these "people" in Normandy. Let me at the 12 SS.

Hear hear,both of u are really mean 'soldiers'.

I m sure that u could capture Capriquet with a slingshot and on D Day-2.....

PS My apologies to the moderators but i couldnt resist

Well said, the Allies (all countries) where no saints in WW2. Firebombing Dresden for instance. Those bomber crews slaughtered loads of women and children in horrific ways.

If Germany had won we'd all be slagging of bomber Harris and his pilots etc. Or the Russians.

I realise the firebombing of Dresden was completely uneccesary and by all rights, due to its nature, an atrocity, but it was the germans who started the bombing of population centres and there is no doubt they would have done the same to us given the resources, I think Harris summed it up rather nicely in his 'Sowed the wind' speech.

The shooting of prisoners, was of course carried out by all sides, most notably germans on russians and vice-versa and japs on americans and vice versa.

I would not for a second suggest that the germans were any worse than the allies for shooting POW's on the western front.

But the shooting of women and children, close range, execution style, for absolutely no reason other than fun/hatred/orders-now that was an SS specialty which they carried out on several million victims.

Sorry guys, I know this kind of debate is frowned upon on this forum but its a matter close to my heart and it amazes me that so many people brush off nazi atrocities as being comparible to allied ones.

Sorry guys, I know this kind of debate is frowned upon on this forum but its a matter close to my heart and it amazes me that so many people brush off nazi atrocities as being comparible to allied ones.

I have to agree. What the (western) allies did should not be brushed off but it was rarely comparable to Nazi atrocities, especially in the east. Hitler and his gang killed more Germans through the T-4 program and the Holocaust than the Allies did firebombing German towns. That is not to ignore the morality of the Allied firebombing, it is to put it in perspective to Nazi crimes which claims far more victims.

I realise the firebombing of Dresden was completely uneccesary and by all rights, due to its nature, an atrocity, but it was the germans who started the bombing of population centres and there is no doubt they would have done the same to us given the resources, I think Harris summed it up rather nicely in his 'Sowed the wind' speech.

The shooting of prisoners, was of course carried out by all sides, most notably germans on russians and vice-versa and japs on americans and vice versa.

I would not for a second suggest that the germans were any worse than the allies for shooting POW's on the western front.

But the shooting of women and children, close range, execution style, for absolutely no reason other than fun/hatred/orders-now that was an SS specialty which they carried out on several million victims.

Not everybody, I agree with you.

Hear hear,both of u are really mean 'soldiers'.

I m sure that u could capture Capriquet with a slingshot and on D Day-2.....

PS My apologies to the moderators but i couldnt resist

I think you're missing out on a point that the 12th SS commited several atrocities specifically to over 150 Canadian and two British soldiers after the D-Day landings at Abbaye D'Ardenne that are still held close to heart even today.

I don't think these members are saying that they could do any better, but vocalizing more of an excitement to play against the SS in the module.

Honestly not sure if it is frowned upon as long as we are all civil to one another. That usually seems to be the place that the moderator has to step in. And for what it's worth I agree with you also.

I think you're missing out on a point that the 12th SS commited several atrocities specifically to over 150 Canadian and two British soldiers after the D-Day landings at Abbaye D'Ardenne that are still held close to heart even today.

I don't think these members are saying that they could do any better, but vocalizing more of an excitement to play against the SS in the module.

Didn't the guy who was in charge of that get let off by the Canadians?

Oh for goodness' sake. Heard of the rape of Nanking?

Dammit, now I'm doing it too.

Didn't the guy who was in charge of that get let off by the Canadians?

Not precisely. Only one of the charges laid he was found guilty of, and was sentenced to death in 1945. But the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment in 1946 and he was released in 1954.

It seemed that there wasn't enough evidence to prove that he made the order to execute the troops, but was sentenced due to the fact these was the overall commanding officer of the unit and therefore responsible for the actions of his men.