Aris Terrain Version 2.0 WIP

Fuser

Main grass textures (and gridded ones) remain the same as Version 1 so you can safely delete my previous mod if you want.

Am I missing something? I took out the previous version from my Z folder, and installed the new one (from CMMODS) and tried it out, but no grids. It was supposed to be included. Do I need to copy the old ones?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Fuser, if producing work of this scale and quality is how you take a break from modding, then I can't wait until you get back into the full swing of things.;)

You have single-handedly changed the way many of us experience the game. If you weren't canonized before, you should be after this one - my great thanks for all you continue to do as it really is a pleasure to behold.

Kudos for significant improvements to the ploughed fields, marsh, mud, dirt road and pavement textures. I also like that you added some yellow to the foliage textures, which have the useful effect of breaking up the previously monochromatic "green walls."

I know you like to challenge yourself with new textures, however I am curious if you have any plans to circle back to the SdKfz 251/3?

Best wishes and thanks for humoring those of us who have become distressingly addicted to your work!

THANKS PeterPanzer!! I will finish the 251/3, no worries, itĀ“s the last one of a 4 month modding madness for me. When I look at my Mod folder (Photoshop templates, BMPs, Brushes, and that stuff, I can hardly believe that I made them all in just 3 months and have a girlfriend who hasnĀ“t said goodbye to me yet!! ;) ).

Hi! Thanks Aris!

By the way... I'm having issues installing the mod... maybe I'm missing something...

So, I've downloaded the mod from the repository.

a) Unzipped PART 1: fine;

B) Unzipped PART 2: am I supposed to past the files into the TEXTURE PACK folder from PART 1 or keep them separate? In case I need to past the files into one directory, I get a message that 51 files from PART 2 will overwrite files from PART 1. What I'm supposed to do?

c) Didn't get to PART 3 yet, but if there is something peculiar to know... well, let me know!

Thanks, looking forward to enjoy the mod in my current campaign!

Ricroma

Umm,....

1. DOWNLOAD ALL THREE FILES FIRST,...DONĀØT EXTRACT ANYTHING UNTIL THEY ARE DONE!

2. Once you have ALL THREE in a single folder, extract the first file (Aris Texture Pack part 1) and all other files in the remaining .rars (part 2 and part 3 , that is) will be extracted automatically.

Ok, I will upload the Mod in a single package at CMMODs in normal ZIP format this evening. This mods completely replaces my older one. Main grass textures (and gridded ones) remain the same as Version 1 so you can safely delete my previous mod if you want. Hope that you like it, but, I understand thatĀ“s impossible to please everybody. ItĀ“s free anyway so feel free to send it to the garbage can with no guilt feelings, hehe.

I think I didnĀ“t use bold text the first time....

:);)

DonĀ“t worry ricroma :)

Just select the FIRST .rar (Aris Texture Pack Part 1.rar ) and unrar it as you would with a single rar file, the remaining two will automatically unrar too.

If you have any problems just post them here, as we say in my country, nobody is born wise.

Well, I already unpacked manually from the CMMODS download. However, when I compared this latest opus of yours with the version you did dated 8/31/11 in addition to the changes I think the railroad and road graphics are missing from the latest version.

I manually copied them over to a new folder which in a flash of I brilliance, I named "RR & ROADS" and placed it inside your CMMODS d/l textures and doodads folder.

(Man, I wonder if should now download the 3 files at Repository. Why only 2 at CMMODS?)

Interesting point there Harry....I tried to mod the original file as close as possible to the original concept (texture, that is). When making a map in the editor, if you click "Mud" you want some mud there , hehe. There are so many options and variables I could make that this mod would be 1GB (if I was to please everybodyĀ“s perceptions). But I agree.

Well, I already unpacked manually from the CMMODS download. However, when I compared this latest opus of yours with the version you did dated 8/31/11 in addition to the changes I think the railroad and road graphics are missing from the latest version.

(Man, I wonder if should now download the 3 files at Repository. Why only 2 at CMMODS?)

The Road and railroads changes in my previous Pack were just a light modification to the Saturation and Lightness in Stock Textures (I donĀ“t feel proud of them now, so I didnĀ“t include them in Version 2, use them if you like them, of course).

The reason why the Repository version itĀ“s 3 files, itĀ“s the 75 MB limitation when using normal ZIP or RAR files. Both versions include exactly the same.

I played some more with this mod and I started to like it a lot - what still bothers me though is the colour of the ground grass, distant ground, ground grass yellow and all mini ground correspondents.

Can't you make them more green? Check how Normandy looks like in summer (google-search it) and draw conclusions from there. Currently the grass looks like as if it would be from the semi arid place.

Pretty please Fuser!?

Hi, Fuser--

I hate to ask another noobie mod question, but will it work if I load the entire "options" folder in the following manner: Z Folder--> Aris Terrain Mod v.2 Folder-->Options Folder (that is, the "Options" subfolder is at the same level as the "Doodads" subfolder, the "Texture Pack" Subfolder and the "Trees, Bocage and Bush" Subfolder", which are all contained within the "Aris Terrain Mod v.2 Folder...)? Or, do I need to load all of the files contained in the "Options" Subfolder into the "Texture Pack" subfolder?

Thanks for all of the great work, and I hope that this question makes some sense!

If you want to use the options I think you need to copy and paste them into the main texture folder so they overwrite the other ones. I moved the trench and the ground textures with grids into the main texture folder anway. It shows up.

@Histar, I think what is happening is many War Films or series like Band of Brothers are filmed in a subdued tone and a hint of sepia and grainey aswell. Since then I suppose we associate that look with WW2 and anything more vibrant looks garish and odd as the look used in BoB and other films looked so real and felt right. I do know when I play CMBN with the mod it has a washed out feeling compared to how it looked I'm sure in real life but it portrays the right atmosphere. Maybe bright more vibrant colours are alittle to uplifting and don't portray the atmosphere of War aswell.