Aris Terrain Version 2.0 WIP

Fuser

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I take a screenshot in-game?

Most people use FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/). Once you have it running it will take over a hot key to take in game screen shots (and movies too if you want). Get the few the way you want and press F10 (the default) to take a screen capture. Repeat as many times as you like and then spend hours sorting and cropping the images you captured :)

Most people use FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/). Once you have it running it will take over a hot key to take in game screen shots (and movies too if you want). Get the few the way you want and press F10 (the default) to take a screen capture. Repeat as many times as you like and then spend hours sorting and cropping the images you captured :)
Thank you. Will see if it works.

Still learning,...I eventually realized that using higher resolution and size textures make the game shine a lil bit more (thanks LJFHutch).

New HD Grass (4096x4096), Mud and Marsh.

HDGrass-1.jpg

The texture you see here alone is 48 MBs.

Sadly, that texture depicts grass elements that are slightly oversized (in game scale terms), so I will have to reduce them, and...lose some quality.

Still struggling with roads,...what a headache,...these below were left from My Texture Pack, do you consider them suitable for Paved Road ?

Roads.jpg

Hmm, maybe getting rid of the big rocks and their shadows there will produce a satisfying result? Otherwise try showing one close up SS of the texture in question (like the ones currently are) and then zoomed out but not to the point where mini ground texture takes over. That way we can wholly understand what your changes to textures bring to us players.

As for bigger textures you just came up - doesn't this mean they are way more demanding now and thus need stronger PC for the same FPS? If the answer is yes then I think it would be a good idea to have two packs available - one for players with powerful PC's and one for us with medium configuration. My PC can actually be regarded as an outdated one any way - it's 5 years old with a new GC. ;)

As for your new grass colour it looks just about right - great! :eek:

No. A much higher quality Mod affects performance, and the gainings are not worth it in terms of quality. I have got HD grass texture ready, but that´s all. All other textures could be crisper, but I don´t want GPUs burning because of them ;) Modding the terrain is finding balance, retexturing with the limitations you have. And making it shine.

Wobin, good point about scale. I have to say though it really looks amazing.

Fuser, so about these 4096 size textures. How many of them are you going to make? Sounds like you are going to do the grass as an add on. What else are you planning? And just how many is too many; from a burning GPU point of view? :) Yes, I realize that will depend on what graphics card one has.

Oh and looking at the resize grass I'd take a guess that some blades are probably half inch thick\wide, again trying to compare the slightly blurred grass to the wooden bridge planks and brick work, I'd say grass is what less than half a centimeter at it's widest?

Clovers are very small aswell and they look large so it may need resizing.

Again it maybe cos the image of the grass is a touch blurred...sorry to be a pain.

Making it actual scale may blur it out altogether though.

The mud marsh grass looks perfect though.

Is there a way to get close up textures to display from far away like that without having mini textures? That picture surprised me since I thought the game couldn't do that.

Here's exactly what I'm using for my textures right now. It took me hours to find the perfect balance:

Flesh Subdued Terrain V2 Release:

ground grass - mini ground grass - ground grass yellow - mini ground grass yellow - doodad brush - doodad brush2 - doodad clover - doodad flower 1 - doodad flower 2 - doodad flower 3 - doodad flowers 1 - doodad flowers 2 - doodad flowers 4 - doodad grass - doodad grass yellow - doodad marsh grass - doodad marsh reeds - doodad rock - doodad rubble - doodad tall grass - doodad tall grass2 - doodad tall grass brown - doodad tall grass weed 1 - doodad tall grass weed 2 - doodad tall grass weed 3 - doodad tall grass yellow - doodad tall grass yellow2 - doodad xtall grass 2 - doodad flowers 3

Veins TerrainDesaturation CMBN v1:

foxhole - sandbag - sandbags

Veins skies CMBN v1:

Everything in Veins_skies_CMBN_v1.brz

Aris Terrain Mod v1:

ground cobblestones - mini ground cobblestones - ground water

Aris Terrain Mod V2:

doodad xtall grass 1 - crater - ground dirt - ground gravel - ground dirt red - ground dirt ploughed ew - ground dirt road - ground hard (in options folder) - mini ground gravel - mini ground gravel 1 - mini ground gravel 2 - mini ground dirt 2 - mini ground dirt 1 - mini ground dirt - ground pavement - ground pavement2 - ground rocky - ground rocky red - mini ground dirt red - mini ground dirt road - mini ground dirt road 2 - ((To get a mini texture for the texture "ground hard", just copy the texture:"mini ground rocky red" then rename it to "mini ground hard" then place as usual)) - mini ground rocky - mini ground rocky red - mini ground dirt ploughed ns - mini ground dirt ploughed ew - ground dirt ploughed ns - trench (from options folder) - Everything in folder: "Trees, Bocage and Bush" - Everything in the folder: "Bridges"

Ok, High Definition Grass (4096x4096) is ready,...I have been struggling to get a proper scaled grass, highly crisp, and eventually I am happy with the result. I will upload it as single Optional Package. My computer can handle it quite easily, (well,...it´s an i7 with 1GB GPU...) but it´s up to you check it with your computer and see if yours can too.

HDGRASSThumb.jpg

I will include a reduced version (Stock size) in this same package.