Aris Terrain Version 2.0 WIP

Fuser

Thanks a lot Aris!

One question about the install now there are a lot of files.

At the mo I have sepeate Doodads, textures and bocage folders all with relevant files. Am I better off just popping all the files into one zzz-aris folder or something like that to keep it clean and easily organised? It's all getting a bit confusing. Also, am I right in thinking there is only one paved road bmp to use but you have provided lots of options?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, am I right in thinking there is only one paved road bmp to use but you have provided lots of options?

No! All of them are necessary, they may look all the same but they have different alpha chanels (kind of invisible mask layer in Photoshop) which help to depict crossroads, curves,...so drop the whole folder in "Z".

I have been trying to modify the water transparency lately. I have modified the Normal Maps and DuDv maps but I would like to know, if possible what are the settings in the Water Simple.frag (or .vert) that modifies that. There a ton of possiblities regarding water color and wave movement that are in that single txt file...I managed to have a muddy water, changed the way the waves move, but I find myself unable to change the transparency. I don´t quite like the current light blue oil-plate effect ingame. If some of the devs would take the time to explain which parameter is in charge of that, we could have a much better water depiction IMHO. Please??

Fuser,

This mod with the add on pack is amazing. Seriously amazing. Just playing a scenario on a big Map and WOW. Your terrain combined with your Vehicle mods..wargaming art.

One of the major things I've noticed that improves the look no end is the new far terrian tiles...makes such a difference!

Thanks mate for making my favourite game look beautiful.

Fuser you vehicle mods are excellent. I suppose your wishing you used HD textures but hey they are superb, maybe it's time for you to take a break and let someone else take over the reigns..

Or finish the Water...then have a break and then do some commonwealth vehicles and any new german vehicles in HD when your good and ready.

I hope to god your still around and active for when the east front titles come along..;)

Thanks to you for posting your gratitude here. Well, I feel less and less proud of my vehicle mods now, I think I could do better now,...but my energy and enthusiasm is not the one I had in August.

Fuser

Have you done a sample in HD of any of the vehicles? if so, I would to have a look at it, pretty please :)

@geek:Install in this order:

- Aris texture pack 1,2 and 3.

- Aris_HD Grass Mod

- Aris Terrain AddOn Pack 1 and 2

By doing so you'll get all his textures updated with his newest HD additions. If you are only after HD stuff then download only Aris_HD Grass Mod and Aris Terrain AddOn Pack 1 and 2.

As Hister said install the lot. I put everything into an Aristexture folder thats all the trees\bushes\doodaas\hdgrass and all the add ons..I've just overwrote the HD grass with the HD gridded grass.

Looks superb. it even looks good at distance...never thought that could happen.

@geek:Install in this order:

- Aris texture pack 1,2 and 3.

- Aris_HD Grass Mod

- Aris Terrain AddOn Pack 1 and 2

By doing so you'll get all his textures updated with his newest HD additions. If you are only after HD stuff then download only Aris_HD Grass Mod and Aris Terrain AddOn Pack 1 and 2.

Does the order really matter? I just copied the 3 folders you mentioned in my Z-folder.

Ah yes, if you don't meddle with it then you can have set like that but to me (I experiment a lot) that is a no go.

P.S. Aris, I improved the yellow grass and forest textures with IrfanView - thank you again for pointing it out to me. Now I can have a true customised experience ;D

Check this:

In CMBB, textures had less resolution, but remained reasonably equal at long distance.

BB_2640x3360_ME1b.jpg

In CMBN, although stock textures have a better resolution and quality, this is what happens as we zoom out a bit. 16x16 texture tiles pop, tile repetition it´s evident and horrendous, and everything looks blurry.

Clipboard02-6.jpg

Is there no possible fix for this devs?

Aris,

I really wish the graphics looked better zoomed out. Would be cool if the game had more options for users with beefey computers to take advantage of thier hardware. Would be nice to have sharp graphics in zoomed out view.

Does your mod improve on the zoomed out view at all or does it still looked washed out like the pic above?

Mod looks great by the way, nice work. After I install it I probally be spending more time zoomed in I bet.

I am now very happy with the way CMBN looks thanks to Aris' terrain and vehicle mods. Even zoomed out, the maps look great in the graphics configuration I am using.

I only hope that Aris has the time/energy to complete the 250/3(?) and the 88mm and 76mm guns that (I think) are all that are left unmodded.

Fuser:

It's always interesting to see how much of a person's character seems to filter through on the internet and to that end I must say you have the patience and generosity of a saint.

I think a few folks, in their enthusiasm for your benchmark work, may have blurred the line between admiration and imposition. I applaud the dignified way you have conducted yourself on these message boards. I have not seen a trace of ego or false modesty, only a continued willingness to share, what I'm sure we all agree is a first rate set of skills and talent, with the wider community.

I'm not inclined to participate in internet drama, but man, you totally crashed the scene here since the late summer of last year and have set the standard not only for technical skill, but also, in my eyes, for integrity. Truly well done sir.