Combat-Mission-Battle-For-Normandy-Scree

Advancing through the hedgerows...

Which is pretty dangerous.

But there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Even if it meant that the light is actually a muzzle flash of a 88mm tank canon. :D

This Tiger got stuck in the wet ground...but unfortunately it was right at my avenue of approach...

When desperate enough even a ****ty outhouse can be a hiding spot from those damn tanks.

The die hard german squadleader.

27th Canadian Armoured Regiment (The Sherbrooke Fusiliers) clash with the 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend around Authie.

xSaKhlE.png

12th SS Panzer IV's knocked out by shermans of the 27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers of B Squadron.

rD5NKzL.png

27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers B Squadron firing on advancing Panzer IV's in Authie.

NccBnkl.png

Two shermans of 27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers B Squadron knocked out in the field outside of Authie.

0aZBnuO.png

Sherman tank has taken multiple shots to the front armour until it was knocked out, crew bailed out to find safety.

t7GYWo5.png

2 seconds later when the crew bailed out their sherman got struck on the left side by a Panzer IV and exploded, the crew did to survive.

CqhzoK6.png

12th SS Panzer IV moves into the town of Authie, gets knocked out by shermans of the 27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers.

2biQqST.png

Two shermans of 27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers B Squadron knocked out in the fields.

EJm5TrB.png

Sherman VC  Firefly of the 27th Sherbrooke Fusiliers B Squadron knocked out inside of Authie, the crew member is bailing out of the burning tank.

G2Je4Ve.png

Heavy fighting in and around Authie, aftermath of the battle.

Special bonus shots trying to make them look like old WWII photos.

KsSoSxk.png

5kDTLxH.png

34XLwIb.png

Sherman skins are my upcoming 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade mod.

I hope you like the battle shots!

Damian45

Edited by Damian45

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I didn't know that George VI was a "Her". You learn something new every day.

Hehe... That's YOUR fault damn British, you had a Queen for too long! She was already the Queen when I was born, She was the Queen when I graduated, when I married, She was still the Queen a few months ago... She was the Queen forever !!!!!!! 😉

On 7/6/2023 at 9:32 PM, PEB14 said:

Let me introduce Pfc Farris who just was awarded the Victoria Cross.

Today, June 26th, 1944 he reapeatedly attacked and finally destroyed a Tiger tank on his own:

My first Tiger tank! 🥳

Scots rule!

Just for the anecdote...

Farris & Duncan didn't stop here, they managed to destroy two German halftracks... with a single shot! Unbelievable!

The two halftracks were sitting just one next to another, one of them abandoned, and the explosion of the unabandoned one destroyed the other! The blast was so big that Farris & Duncan, who fired nearly point-blank from inside a building, were shaken and fled in the open, where Farris was killed (that's how I know of Duncan's name)!

But the story ends well, the Germans were routed and Duncan is alive and well to enjoy his deservedly owned VC !

Scots still rule!... 😉

4 hours ago, PEB14 said:

Hehe... That's YOUR fault damn British, you had a Queen for too long! She was already the Queen when I was born, She was the Queen when I graduated, when I married, She was still the Queen a few months ago... She was the Queen forever !!!!!!! 😉

Nice one, Pebsie. Although some people with cloth ears did think that Freddie Mercury was Queen for some years. 

Meanwhile it's good to know that Lance Corporal Farris put Gerry in his place.

19 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Nice one, Pebsie. Although some people with cloth ears did think that Freddie Mercury was Queen for some years. 

Meanwhile it's good to know that Lance Corporal Farris put Gerry in his place.

Is he Gerry on your side of the Channel? On our side he's called Jerry (all jokes apart!).

• 3 weeks later...

Operation Deadstick... I've updated my Scenario I made years ago, now with the Horsa glider and updated Canal bridge, 

QXsCx7.png

Major Howard Lands Meters away from the Benouville bridge, he leaves the Horsa glider, to begin the operation, his orders are simple, take the bridge and hold until relieved...

QXmvz7.jpeg

Within minutes they are engaging with the Anti Tank Gun and German Bridge security units...

QXmfYA.jpeg

After dealing with the At Tank and Bunker, Howard and his men storm over the bridge, objective to engage the German troops in trenches on the other side...

QXs1BC.jpeg

A German squad, storms out of the barracks and get to the trenches on the opposite side of the river...

QXsZp9.jpeg

More of Major Howards teams join the assault on the bridge...

QXsI1o.jpeg

The Wehrmacht troops defend well initially but are only conscripts and very nervous and don't take much for them to make a run for it...

QXmXza.jpeg

The Paras soon reach The Café Gondrée, which becomes the first building to be liberated on D-Day, the café owners were in the cellar and are the first French civilians to be liberated, Major Howards learns that the Ranville Bridge had also been successfully assaulted...

QXsRY5.jpeg

But Lieutenant Brotheridge, commander of No.25 Platoon, "D" Company, 2nd Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, was the first allied casualty of D-Day...

QXsiSm.jpeg

The paras start to create a defence perimeter around the bridge, waiting for the German response... and clearing any enemy troops from the surrounding houses...

QXsjxi.jpeg

Some surrender...

QXsWCP.jpeg

...some try to resist...

QXma01.jpeg

but resistance at this stage is futile...

QXmn6b.jpeg

The bridge is secure... for now...

QXma01.jpeg

Reinforcements start to trickle in from units of the 6th Airborne division...

QXsE2z.jpeg

Later in the morning three German Panzer IV's make the decision to attack the bridge (historically the first Pzr IV was destroyed, at the junction by a very brave para with a Piat close range, this made the other two panzers retreat), in my scenario one of the tanks make it close to the bridge...

QXs6Sb.jpeg

...but I managed to despatch this threat when it entered a courtyard near the bridge, all crew mown down by the elite paras...

QXs2YK.jpeg

Now Major Howard remembers his orders, 'hold until relieved', things quit down and the paras do their best to prepare for the counter attacks that were sure to come soon.

Note:

Special thanks to Lucky strike for his Hedgerow Hell Mod.

To Phil for sending me his amazing model of the Horsa Glider.

To JM Stuff for destroyed Vehicle Mod.

And anyone one else who's Mod i've used. Cheers