CM:BN Beta AAR/DAR Bois de Baugin US side

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cmbndead.jpgcmsfdead.jpg

CM:BN....................................................................<Spot the difference>.....................................................................CM:SF

You are right, the designer jeans in that second pic are totally knock-offs.

cmbndead.jpgcmsfdead.jpg

CM:BN....................................................................<Spot the difference>.....................................................................CM:SF

Yea looks like the death animations are more random now instead of all looking the same, very nice :)

Wow....ouch.

After playing CMSF for so long where I hate to have even 3 casulties I am going to have to change my mindset on what it takes to win again!

Indeed to massacer hopeless weaker oponents without adequate weapons from distance is not really war, although the well known "peace and freedom" bringers prefer to call it that way - and are shocked, if bullets suddenly do not fly only in one direction...

Indeed to massacer hopeless weaker oponents without adequate weapons from distance is not really war, although the well known "peace and freedom" bringers prefer to call it that way - and are shocked, if bullets suddenly do not fly only in one direction...

Did I miss something here? The forces Jon and I are using are pretty evenly matched up. I would take his armor over mine, given a choice, but it seems that has been equaled out by the quantity.

would it be easier to lock these threads apart from access to Elvis and Jon S, so they can do their thing, and start a seperate discussion thread about what happens for the rest to join in with?

That appears to be a good idea as we have "Steiner" spouting his "Uber Alles" BS in one post - and his anti-US BS in another.

Totally agree i want to see the AAR N DAR not read post after post of someone else telling them how it should be done. Although the post about the 'bringers of freedom and peace' was pretty funny.

We understood that when we began this. To help with that Moon has created a links to each new post embedded in my initial post. So when you come to the thread you only have to look at my first post and there are links to each update from there and you can avoid everything else.

As the guy posting things I am enjoying hearing questions and comments with each post and I believe there are others that are picking up various aspects of the game from reading those in addition to my posts.

In one of the screenshots you can see past 10 - 12 layers of trees to the edge of the wood (not sure how to post the image again but you can clearly see a path direct to the edge). Does this mean a tank in the field at the end of the wood can see right down the row ? i,e so a unit would need to hide behind a tree in the wood to block the LOS ? (i.e a base this on Steves comment somewhere that if you look like you are in cover chances are you are , if not you anit in cover) Apply this logic would suggest LOS to the end of the wood. (hope that makes sense).

Yes, a tank on the outside of the woods would have an LOS to the guy running. And if he fired and the round went along that "path" it would pass through. When a round is stopped by a tree you can see which tree it hits.

Very nice!

The first time I saw this in CMBN was when I was firing a bazooka through thin woods. The first made it through the trees but sailed over the Mark IV. The second round hit the top of a tree. I had seen stuff like that in CMSF but there was something about a baz shot doing it that gave me a thrill.

Third shot hit and killed.

The first time I saw this in CMBN was when I was firing a bazooka through thin woods. The first made it through the trees but sailed over the Mark IV. The second round hit the top of a tree. I had seen stuff like that in CMSF but there was something about a baz shot doing it that gave me a thrill.

Third shot hit and killed.

Cool stuff - and getting 3 shots out of a BAZ is mighty lucky. My experience in CMBB with a schreck runs more like this:

- Aim

- Fire

- Miss

- SPOTTED

- Reload

- Pinned

- Dead