CM:N Safe to say 2011?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my goodness!! Was that a bone, Steve?

I guess it was. WOW....A BONE!!!

MYGODABONEABONEABONEABONEABONE!!!THISMAYMEANTHATTHERELEASEISIMMINENT!!!HOOORAY!!!MYGODABONEABONEABONE!!!ORWAITMAYBEEITSABADSIGNMEANINGTHATTHEGAMEISDELAYEDANOTHEREIGHTMONTHS????OHMYGODABONEABONEABONEABONE!!!

Ahem. Got a little carried away there. Very nice. Keep up the good work, lads. Cheers.

The primary issue we have with putting out screenshots right now is we have a couple of unfinished models/textures that tend to show up quite readily in scenarios. Experience has shown that people don't handle this very well so we tend to hold back until these sorts of details are sussed out. But from a development standpoint this is the least important thing to do so it comes at the end of development. Hence the fight between promotion and development. Since we're developers first, publishers second, we tend to steer away from promotion distractions. In the end that's a good thing for you guys (trust me ;)), but it can also be frustration in the short term.

Life is complicated :)

Steve

Yeah i remember the uproar when you posted the pic where the soldiers thompson SMG pouch was upsidedown. :P

The primary issue we have with putting out screenshots right now is we have a couple of unfinished models/textures that tend to show up quite readily in scenarios.

A nice little quick battle AAR with a handful of screenshots would do wonders for us at this point though. Considering we havnt seen anything new in 8 months, anything would be appreciated at this point.

Life is complicated :)

Steve

Hey, I have also heard it's a bitch.

It is always amusing to me to hear people talk about the awful buggy release of CM:SF. What BFC pulled off from a technical standpoint is absolutely amazing. If one looks at it in those terms, it provides quite a different perspective. I have enjoyed CM:SF from day one.

Are all of those Shermans targeted for CM:Normandy, or are some of them being prepared now for future modules?

Everything seen in that shot is going in. There were, in fact, another 6 variants cropped out in the shot I posted. Those are also in the initial release.

Hey, I have also heard it's a bitch.

And then, apparently, you marry one. Or at least that's what I've heard since I didn't. Only very nice, understanding women could possibly put up with a game developer's cranky schedule.

It is always amusing to me to hear people talk about the awful buggy release of CM:SF. What BFC pulled off from a technical standpoint is absolutely amazing. If one looks at it in those terms, it provides quite a different perspective. I have enjoyed CM:SF from day one.

Thanks. Yes, despite CM:SF's initial problems there was more stuff in the game that worked well than what any two or three games have as their entire feature list (and a proportion of those don't work well either). That doesn't excuse the issues early users faced, just saying that some of the charges leveled against CM:SF were a little overstated.

But that's all behind us now :D

Steve

Were any of those employed during the Normandy fighting? I thought they came on a little later.

Michael

Yup, they were used in Normandy, though it's unknown to me if the direct fire usage had taken off at this time.

Since the Germans always manage to get their hands on their exotics (Wirbel and Ostwind etc) it's about time the Allies get some loving in this area. I'd like that M12 more then twelve flavours of M4.

Scrap 3 M4s and get us the M12! Mathematics tell me this is how it works. ;)

No M12 in this release, sorry! That's another M4 model off to the left. As I said there's 6 more.

Volltreffer:

Yes, but we heard that there were only loose ends to tie up this time last year and where are we now....!!! So it takes over a year to tie up loose ends?

Yeah, crazy isn't it? :) With this being the first temperate game there's been a ton of things to do and those things each need several rounds of refinement before we're happy with the end results. And then there's just the volume of things that need to be textured, tested, and fixed.

If we had stopped putting in new features and didn't have other games going we would have been done probably 6 months ago. But we found a few things we wanted to get into the first release and we do have other games under development. Which is one reason why we hired Phil as our First Second Programmer. Too much to do even with the amazing work of Webwing on the Modules.

The great news is that with Phil, Cassio, and the work done on Normandy to make both a WW2 and temperate setting... we should be cranking right along from now on.

Steve