CM:N Safe to say 2011?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is 2011. I don't think they'll release it this year for the same reasons Steve gives below in Oct 2009 for not releasing it that year, except this time they realistically could do it I bet.

Technically we probably still could, but we will probably push it into 2010 so we can enjoy the Holidays without pressure to release and/or support. And by "we" I mean us poor saps that have to make the thing, not you lucky buggers who just get to play it :D

Steve

There's not as much sales overlap with Normandy as there might appear to be. So on that point we're not concerned. Also, if you saw the percentage of people buying Afghanistan *and* preordering NATO at the same time you'd be surprised. We're more happy than surprised :D

Remember, for us it doesn't matter if someone buys Afghanistan this month and NATO in 3 months, or preorders NATO now and buys Afghanistan in 6 months. Nor does it bother us to think that someone might only get around to buying Normandy much later because he's busy playing NATO and Afghanistan now. Traditional game publishers fret over this stuff to no end because they live or die by rapid, volume sales. As for us, we spent more than 11 years building a business model that doesn't. Which is why we aren't concerned.

Steve

I've been dreaming about Normandy for years!! Since CMAK really when I could physically see the improvements between games - thinking how good it would be to have a new CMBO (or parts of it at least) using a better engine, 1:1 representation and all that jazz. Looks like we wont be waiting too long - I don't know why but something tells me it will be due out before christmas. I hope it isn't out much later as my first bambino is on the way :D

I also can't wait to see the commonwealth module and Arnhem, and then the Bulge. Will be amazing. All that snowy terrain once again. Fond memories, especially using the mods. All of MikeyD's stuff, G. Molek's and (I think it was Tom's Battle of the Bulge mod?) with the ultra realistic snowy terrain and Juju's amazing buildings. Definitely my best moments in any game, trying to beat my mate in a highly modified CMBO game - I can't remember the exact mission but it was fun, and featured pretty big cats on both sides.

Also, if you saw the percentage of people buying Afghanistan *and* preordering NATO at the same time you'd be surprised. We're more happy than surprised :D

Steve

You told us the British Forces Module sold much better than expected. Does this mean Non- Russian sales of Afghanistan are better than expected so far too?

Since we speak about dreams already...

I remember that somebody posted long years ago a pic of a Tiger I that was made with a 3D graphic program. At it's time far beyond what was technical possible in CM, but the wet dream of every wargamer ;). I wonder how it would compare to CM:Noname, but unfortunatly I can't find that threat anymore....