CMFB update?

2. Its now officially confirmed that it will be "Coming Soon" and the Devs said release is close

I sure hope you grant BFC the same latitude as Graviteam.  I mean, you are talking about features that you haven't even seen yet.  All things being equal, You should be hammering Graviteam also.

And as to communications, they have tended to communicate only recently, and only when people have started talking about it taking so long.  I see mostly beta testers showing a few screen shots.  Did they publish multiple AARs and the manual.  Some companies do that, you know.

Edited by Thewood1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope you grant BFC the same latitude as Graviteam.  I mean, you are talking about features that you haven't even seen yet.  All things being equal, You should be hammering Graviteam also.

The developers have shown off a lot of those new features on Youtube, you can't seriously think they are lying about what they are putting into the game. I havn't seen anyone on here accuse BFC of lying about putting new features into a release, that's just a silly accusation for both parties.

Turning this into a Graviteam vs Combat Mission thread is just as stupid.

Edited by Raptorx7

Oh yeah, STEAM is the devil and has made all other small game developers poor thats why they all live under the bridge and eat beans...thats at least what the CM Forum thinks...

You mean there are trolls with a roof over their heads?

And what are these "beans" of which you speak?

(P)resident Troll™

No, but I am saying that you take Graviteam at face value, but not BFC.  BFC says there is more to CMFB that you think.  They even released the manual.  Yet I see a lot of skepticism.  I am saying, some people here grant Graviteam a lot of slack on a game taking multiple years to develop, yet BFC being a few months late gets taken to task.  Just looking for what is different.

I like Graviteam's games and all, but you really want to use Mius Front in a crabbing session about CMFB's release?  Either you are lacking a grasp on reality or just a BFC hater.  MF has been in development for two or three years.  Every couple of months someone dumps a bunch of screenshots and people discuss it.  Then it goes silent for months.

And people complain that CMFB is just CMBO with snow and few units...MF is even worse.  It looks almost exactly the same as the other Graviteam games.  So let's not throw BFC under the bus without taking a hard look at the performance of some unmentionable game.

I like graviteam tactics but IMO it pales in comparison to Combat Mission I most likely wont pick up Mius front I have operation star and all the released expansions on steam and its a good wargame, but when i play it I always just want to go play CM after...Mius Front had a release date of early 2015 back in 2014 and here it is 2016 and it still is not out =p

Edited by lordhedgwich

No, but I am saying that you take Graviteam at face value, but not BFC.  BFC says there is more to CMFB that you think.  They even released the manual.  Yet I see a lot of skepticism.  I am saying, some people here grant Graviteam a lot of slack on a game taking multiple years to develop, yet BFC being a few months late gets taken to task.  Just looking for what is different.

Well I think people are taking BFC to task because we are ready for some hot sweaty bulge action... I mean we just want to play the game already lol At least thats why I am annoyed 

I'm sure both games will be excellent, just like their predecessors, and that many of us here will spend many hours enjoying them both.

I don't think anyone's dissing CM or saying that GT:MF is better or worse. CM is a very professional outfit and has given me nothing but pleasure and satisfaction since CM:BO.

They're different games with their own merits and demerits. No point comparing apples with pears.

In terms of comms however, the CM is more communicative than the GT team for whatever reason - that's for sure.

To return to the topic of this thread, however, I would agree that a tad more communication about what's happening with CM:FB at the moment would be welcome, because it seemed to get quite warm for a while and then went cold a couple of weeks ago. 

As with all comms issues, people will fill an information void with their own stuff, and it's rarely good stuff.

Edited by Russkly
Typo

Well, its something differend if you do a UI overhaul and include many new gameplay and graphic features, do a AI overhaul and add a MP mode or just take a existing game (CMBN) add a few new vehicles and weapons and paint everything white (no offense towards BFC !)

Edited by HitmanX

I like graviteam tactics but IMO it pales in comparison to Combat Mission I most likely wont pick up Mius front I have operation star and all the released expansions on steam and its a good wargame, but when i play it I always just want to go play CM after...Mius Front had a release date of early 2015 back in 2014 and here it is 2016 and it still is not out =p

Youre aware that the developers are from the Ukraine? 

Edited by Crinius

I was under the impression  that the delay was due to the overhaul of the store system and site. Is this no longer the case? I've no problem in waiting while they polish the release. It's better than getting something and dealing with irritating bugs that will be fixed when the patch is out a month or so later.

Exactly.  Not sure why folks can't seem to follow this as it has been repeated a few times- the store needs to be done first.  When you see the store done THEN you can ask where CMFB is.  Asking before then is just spinning your wheels.

guys you really need to move on and stop trying to do a graviteam versus CM thread or resurrect the Steam discussion.  Neither is really relevant and will only lead to the thread being closed.  Best of luck to Graviteam. For those who like their stuff, have at it and enjoy.  For those who don't, just avoid the discussion.  It's like trying to decide which is better vanilla or chocolate.  We all KNOW vanilla is better but we make room for chocolate lovers.  :P 

I am not a graviteam fan, but it doesn't bother me the least if someone else prefers it.  Different games, different likes.  As to Steam, Steve has explained his position far too many times.  Nothing has changed at Battlefront or Steam to make it worth bringing up again. 

So wait for the store to show up and then worry about info on CMFB.  For all we know the launching of the store could coincide with the release.  If you are bored go read a book.

It's okay everyone I've done it.  I've guaranteed that BF with  be released over the weekend.  Got so agitated waiting for BF I started playing BN demo and now, NOW I've gone and bought the big bundle.  Yes I've blown the money I Was keeping in reserve for Final Blitzkrieg, so you can bloody well guarantee it will be released now.  You can thank me on Monday.   :D:wub:

It's okay everyone I've done it.  I've guaranteed that BF with  be released over the weekend.  Got so agitated waiting for BF I started playing BN demo and now, NOW I've gone and bought the big bundle.  Yes I've blown the money I Was keeping in reserve for Final Blitzkrieg, so you can bloody well guarantee it will be released now.  You can thank me on Monday.   :D:wub:

It always works out that way, doesn't it? ;)

I went on the website today and it didn't load! I thought "omg, they're updating the site soon and with it will come FB!" Then I realized I wasn't connected to the Internet...

Enjoy the big bundle! It is worth it. :P

You made the right decision! CM:N including all bells and whistles offers a great deal of yet unmatched game enjoyment.

As interesting CM:FB and Battle of the Bulge may be, my interest goes more into the brit/can direction and therefore I hope they soon come up with a Commonwealth pack extending to 5/45.  

Oh and btw. this year we have a 29th February. Maybe BTS can make some use of this special day ?

Edited by DesertFox

The big bundle is awesome! Does that include the vehicle pack? Or "just" CMBN+CW+MG? Even that is something like 700 QB maps!!

Edited by Bud Backer

I was under the impression  that the delay was due to the overhaul of the store system and site. Is this no longer the case? I've no problem in waiting while they polish the release. It's better than getting something and dealing with irritating bugs that will be fixed when the patch is out a month or so later.

This.

When I heard the store/site overhaul announcement, I added 2-3 months to my release date expectations, and would understand if it took longer. There is a huge amount of work in that endeavor, along with unknowns that must be tested and doubtless, problems to be discovered, fixed, and tested again. 

Coordinating the launch of a new, likely very-popular game title along with an upgraded store/site is a smart idea. Having haste-related issues could be very damaging. I'm fine with them taking as much time as they need to get it all done right.

You made the right decision! CM:N including all bells and whistles offers a great deal of yet unmatched game enjoyment.

As interesting CM:FB and Battle of the Bulge may be, my interest goes more into the brit/can direction and therefore I hope they soon come up with a Commonwealth pack extending to 5/45.  

Oh and btw. this year we have a 29th February. Maybe BTS can make some use of this special day ?

The big bundle is awesome! Does that include the vehicle pack? Or "just" CMBN+CW+MG? Even that is something like 700 QB maps!!

Yeah, you won't regret it! I've had CMBN since it came out and haven't even begun to dent its play value. Plus, there are a ton of awesome mods out there that really dial up the eye and ear candy. Have fun!

Sadly playing QB solo is no fun because the AI acts mostly in a very stupid way. So even 7000 QB maps would be no argument for me to buy.

I'm only interested in real scenarios (not campaigns, i hate those) with carefully and well done AI triggers...otherwise AI is to static.

Oh, and i dont ever play MP, i only play SP.

The "game that shall not be named" puts a focus on SP and includes a operational layer, dosn't that sound awesome ?

How many times have CM players asked for a operational layer ?

Edited by HitmanX