Please battlefront...

Please battlefront can we have Romanians and Hungarians in one of the eastern front games? I bought CMBB and they have such cool stuff it would practically be a wet dream come true to see them in CMx2... You did Italians for CMFI so i have hope that we will see them one day maybe even Italians on the eastern front  

Huh not so sure on that.  Was really hoping to see the battle for Budapest.  I can't see not doing that and having Commonwealth forces on the Western Front in CMFB.  I would not write off seeing Hungarian and maybe Romanian forces in CMRT.

I'd like to see the Hungarians and the battle for Budapest as well. Romania would seem to not fit unless one made them available as Allies. By late August they were fighting the Germans. I suppose one can have them on the axis side until then? 

As I recall Steve did at one point say they would not do the Hungarians and Romanians again though calling them marginal forces is a little harsh. Later though he made a comment he would like to see them again, though I have a feeling Steve's desires probably outreach the capacity of what Battlefront can produce in reality.

P.S. That said I'd rather see the Finns!

Edited by Sequoia
P.S.

Wells so far we have or have planned...

CMBN - multiple nationalities

CMFI - multiple nationalities- and beards added for that very reason

CMBS - multiple nationalities

CMFB - multiple nationalities

CMSF - multiple nationalities

Why anyone would think it isn't within BF's capacity is beyond me.  If anything that would make CMRT the first with only two protagonists.  I am betting we will see Hungarians...now to go lobby Steve!  Maybe I'll email the Hungary gov't that BF is NOT going to cover the liberation/defense of Budapest.  :P

As I recall Steve did at one point say they would not do the Hungarians and Romanians again though calling them marginal forces is a little harsh.

Seeing how they performed in battle, I would certainly call them marginal. In the end, they were little more than a speed bump for the Red Army. 

I think the Romanians, Hungarians, and Finnish contributed quite a few men and resources to the war. Like the Italians, their contribution was dismal. There were many minor nations in the Western Armies and they are including Brazil in the next CMFI module. Perhaps they could just focus on a few formations. Even making them purchasable as single units/vehicles.

My 2 cent opinion is that I think BFC should get more agile to market out a lower scope solution to many of these requests.

I am inexperienced with how long it takes to develop a storefront website. But is anyone else a bit surprised that their new storefront website has been in development now for how long? 3 or 4 weeks since they said it was their number one focus? to have a way to take your money for the brand new CMFB game or germane to this discussion, take your money for a vehicle pack or mini-module to make a few bucks off these niche areas of for example north africa or Ost Front axis allies. They need a quick template to make these "splinter versions" of the game. They need a way to pack up some content and charge you for it and press forward. No big grand module solutions with weeks of TOE  research. I guess I personally don't really see the big deal about accurate TOE as I play little hodge podge battles. Quick battle throws all that TOE stuff to the wind anyway, scenario authors do as they please, it all seems like a bit of a wasted effort. Just post some pdf's to describe the recommended TOE maybe? At least for these mini-modules.

My idea for a BFC Mini-module for CMRT "axis allies": BFC would ask their "stable" of hotshot scenario/campaign authors if they have anything in the hopper. If not, then it ships without any scenarios/campaigns, just a new brz file with some new added mdr files and maybe a few new maps. They decide a dollar amount and they make some money. Right or wrong? Instead they do the big scope project and need a dozen new scenarios, campaigns, qb maps, Bil AAR. Jeez

I don't know. I use the built in TOE a lot in my QBs. I think the issue is that if they did not have thoroughly researched TOEs then they would need a more powerful formation editor. And I personally think it would lessen the value of the game. 

As for the web store, it is a big deal and a lot of work. The big thing will be to make sure itis ready for prime time. The last thing they will want is for it not to be ready. Believe me it costs a ton more to respond to problems than to delay and get it right in the first place.

That's my thoughts.

TOE;s: OK, I will agree they are fine and good to have. BUT when it gets thrown that the family or module suffers some delays as the TOE's are researched then the needle on my BS-ometer starts to twitch. What rare book store in Uzbekistan are they shopping at and awaiting the hand carried manuscript? Or is all the actual data entry and coding being done by those poor young kids at that soccer ball factory in Pakistan? Or do the BFC guys only work a few hours a day a few days a week and timeshare against their other real jobs or what? Male models? I finally have been unlucky enough to have to live a slave worker existence working 60-70+ hours for a slave driver boss with no personal life. I see the power of a 10-12 hour day at the computer working civil engineering plans. It sux but you sure can get a lot done working on the weekend. I need the money. Debts and kids headed to college. :(

OK, I will patiently await the webstore and all that wonderful CM-gear. And the TOE's. 

Not a hold up for a pending release but a post from Steve about how long it takes to create a family or module. TOE research and getting all that right was a long pole in the tent so to speak. Stretching out the timeline. I will find it and report back.

EDIT: Looked for a while but didn't hit pay dirt so disregard my comment as/if you desire.

Edited by kohlenklau

I still don't understand that after 7 years how modules are taking this long too come out. Battlefront should just buy a copy of Gary Gribsy's War in the East and War in the West. There's your TOE down to the rifle. :rolleyes:

As stated before, BF is working on the store.  The delay is not about the module.  That is a whole other discussion.

And no the ToEs for those games isn't gonna help here. BF ToEs are a lot more detailed as expected being at a lower scale.  BF is dealing with everything down to personal sidearms.  I have those games and I have seen the ToE discussions with BF.  Really you have no idea how painstaking they get.  I am constantly amazed.

But yes we'd all love stuff to come out faster even if I have probably not played half the material that comes with the games.  :D

I still don't understand that after 7 years how modules are taking this long too come out. Battlefront should just buy a copy of Gary Gribsy's War in the East and War in the West. There's your TOE down to the rifle. :rolleyes:

Having looked at the WitW OOB and TOE in some detail ... that's a terrible idea.