Twitch.tv

Davek555

Well Gay-ring is closer to the actual pronunciation than Gair-ing which is how most Americans pronounce it, but after 70 years of hearing people say it one way I would not attempt to convince any English speaker to change now, nor would I ask any English speaker to say Köln and München instead of Cologne and Munich. It's difficult for English speakers to pronounce umlauts as you know, just as its difficult for Germans to pronounce the th sound in English. I really do think a long English A sound is a decent approximation of the German Ö.

PS: I do wish they could have gotten Christopher Plummer to say Fräulein in the Sound of Music instead of Fraulein. The other actors did it. :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys enjoyed it. :)

Maybe someone else will want to try their hand at streaming now? It's not terribly difficult to set up, the broadcasting software is even free for personal use!

PS Chris are you planning on making any more vids before RT's release?

I will do a live stream every Saturday at 1400 PST. Although I plan to play all the CMx2 titles, for now I'll stick to Red Thunder. At some point, probably after Red Thunder releases, I'm going to switch the day so I don't have to be near my computer every weekend.

"Optional graphical Command and Control link tracing"

What does it mean ? The old red/black C2 lines from cm1 ? could not see that yesterday on twitch ?! Chris can you give us information about those ?

Forgot about that. I'll probably show command lines next week. Personally I don't use them (they toggle) since I've never had problems keeping my platoons together, so sometimes I forget that they are there.

Soldier models: These look very nice, too. I was hoping to see closeups of the Maxim MG and Soviet LMG in action. Next time?

Just remind me if I forget next week.

Unit Performance: The Stugs sure had a hard time penetrating the T34-85s. Maybe they just got unlucky angles, but it seems like they had an easier time penetrating in CMBB. It's been many years, since I played it though...

There are two potential factors at play here. First is that many of the shots as I recall were at odd angles that would greatly increase chance of deflection, the other is that it's a very small sample size, since the StuGs did not get many shots off.

Single-Player QB issues:

Well...I know from your experience in the second battle and from a Market Garden SP QB I just finished that the issue of the AI defender not really setting up a defense still exists. I haven't done specific testing on it, but it does seem to occur frequently in SP QB mode on stock maps. Just like in your video, the AI puts its vehicles forward in the VL area, but leaves everything else clumped up near its friendly map edge. Then, when the human player has largely taken the VL(s), it starts sending them forward to retake them.

Which means...the player spends a lot of time carefully making his way into what is actually undefended territory, only to slaughter the AI en masse at the tail end of the battle.

It's something we can look into.

I'm hoping the Russian vampire snipers are still in the final release.

If we had them in release, we would need to balance it by introducing Wehrmacht werewolves.

So, maybe in a pack. :P

LOL! Great vid! I watched some of the twitch. Nice format. Looks like nice beer, too. ;)

It's called Sneak Attack, a Saison by 21st Amendment Brewery. Very tasty, and appropriately named for the event.

Chris

@ChrisND:

First of all thanks for the great demonstration! Appreciate it having a look at the next installment of CM.

And a short question. During your play of the QB map I noticed you talked about having all graphic settings to max and draw distance to improved. Is this a new ferature in the v3 engine?

I just have the option to change "3d model quality" and "Texture quality". Am I missing something?

I'm not sure but the was a turn where ND gave a stationary tank and the riders a move order and the riders dismounted first and then the tank moved. IIRC this is different to current behaviour where passengers would only leave after the vehicle has stopped (unless you give an explicit dismount order).

Did that behaviour change?

Bump

It was fun to see that Mobelwagen blasted by canister then he want back to check out the hit decal holes peppering the front place. :)

Doubly fun to see that the holes went "all the way through" (there were decals on the inside as well as presumably on the outside). That's just mad attention to detail.

ChrisND can you youtube these videos perhaps?

My net connection is slow and twitch literally takes an hour to cache 2mins of video. THe connection on these videos is de-prioritised at twitches end some how?

Anyways I also cannot watch flash on my windows 8 phone.... youtube I can...

If you have a youtube channel that would be much better for watching the older vids??

Chris, I really enjoyed watching last Saturday!

I actually had forgotten all about it. Was reminded when I visited the forums to get a CM-fix by proxy as it was too late to start a new game. Came in halfway through during the force selection for the QB. Made the reference to the Tankovyy Desant scenario very confusing :P

ChrisND can you youtube these videos perhaps?

My net connection is slow and twitch literally takes an hour to cache 2mins of video. THe connection on these videos is de-prioritised at twitches end some how?

Anyways I also cannot watch flash on my windows 8 phone.... youtube I can...

If you have a youtube channel that would be much better for watching the older vids??

They will be on YouTube shortly.

I'm not sure but the was a turn where ND gave a stationary tank and the riders a move order and the riders dismounted first and then the tank moved. IIRC this is different to current behaviour where passengers would only leave after the vehicle has stopped (unless you give an explicit dismount order).

Did that behaviour change?

No change in behavior. Riders still disembark at the end of the vehicle's movement orders.

Nice to hear in the latest video that spotters will be able to call in only one mission at a time now. It'll make battalion and company HQs more important than they are now, instead of just tucking them away out of sight, which is often what I end up doing with them right now.