Campaign Die Letzte Hoffnung RELEASED!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a tiny question , it is not possible to play a campaign in realtime HvH ? or is it just specific to this campaign ?

Any given campaign can be designed to be played HvH, but it has to be specifically set up to be so. There are particular design issues that need to be addressed in a campaign with 2 human players that add quite a lot of work to keep it interesting for both sides. If it hasn't been designed that way, no, you can't use it that way.

You better get used to it.

I also noticed the AI shockingly attack both a PZ IV in one run through and then a Panther when I played a battle again later with a 60mm mortar. Whats even more shocking is that the attacks suceeded in immobilizing the respective tanks on both occasions!

The ground condition during this campaign is 'wet'. You'd be advised to drive your tanks everywhere on 'slow'. even the roads.

***BUG REPORT***

I just finished the first mission, then I had to made a decision, and I prefer to keep KG concentrate. I moved two units into victory zone 'keep KZ concentrated' and then cease fire. I got a defeat, but no new mission started, but I get the same choise-mission, I had to choose again between split or concentrate. :( I guess, I have to split my forces to continue the campaign, because no one else found this bug and I guess they chose to split.

***BUG REPORT***

I just finished the first mission, then I had to made a decision, and I prefer to keep KG concentrate. I moved two units into victory zone 'keep KZ concentrated' and then cease fire. I got a defeat, but no new mission started, but I get the same choise-mission, I had to choose again between split or concentrate. :( I guess, I have to split my forces to continue the campaign, because no one else found this bug and I guess they chose to split.

Hi bardosy,

Double-check this--you SHOULD get another choice mission, but it shouldn't be exactly the same. It should let you choose which path to take. I will check things out on my end, but looking at the campaign script, there's nothing wrong so far.

UPDATE: I just tested it myself and everything's working fine. Double-check and if if you still get an error, perhaps re-download the file?

***BUG REPORT***

If you chose the concentrate option, you get a second almost identical mission to chose route A or route B. Read the briefing carefully and look at the notes on the objectives.

Now maybe you do really have a bug, but be aware that you have two route select missions that look the same. (And concentrating worked find for me - I am playing the second proper mission now).

This looks really promising!

***SPOILER ALERT****

Finished the first mission and was wondering why the enemy got 500 point bonus? Got only tactical victory because of those points...

Hi beatmasta,

In general, I use this tool in most if not all of my campaign missions these days. Basically, the Allies get a "Bonus" regardless of what actually happens. So don't worry about it! Basically it's there to say, "Look, you need to get substantially more than 500 points in order to be awarded a victory." Don't worry about precisely what level of victory you achieved, a tactical victory is as close to a total victory as is possible (I think).

CAMPAIGN SPOILER

Also, it doesn't affect the campaign result. As long as you get a minor victory or higher in every battle, it doesn't matter what grade of victory you get in any battle. The only time a win or a loss counts, furthermore, is in the decision missions and in the battle to take Chérencé-le-Roussel. Other than that, victory or defeat does not make a difference as to the campaign branching, and what level of victory or defeat you achieved NEVER makes a difference.

END SPOILERS

This looks really promising!

***SPOILER ALERT****

Finished the first mission and was wondering why the enemy got 500 point bonus? Got only tactical victory because of those points...

Those bonus scores are very important! In other campaigns - eg. Outlaws - if you kill one single German and then press "cease fire" you got a minor victory and campaigns follow with the next mission. I know, it's a cheat and "what's the fun, if you cheat?"... But if the designer could prevent it, why not?

ok, thanks for the clarification! I think I have not noticed that earlier, but sounds a good way to push the player a bit harder. And I have not been quite sure before if the victory level has any effect on the campaign games

It CAN have an effect on the flow of campaigns, but it mine, it doesn't. Any victory counts as a victory, and beyond that the campaign logic doesn't care. :)

Hi,

I downloaded the campaign from the repisotory. When I play the campaign and try to save my anti virus (antivir xp) software stops me from doing so.

It shows: C:/.../tempfile o.tmp contains suspicious code HEUR/HTML.Malware.

It only occurs with this campaign. Tried 2 other campaigns and different battles. In all of them I can save normally. But when I try to save during this campaign, it happens all the time.

Hi,

I downloaded the campaign from the repisotory. When I play the campaign and try to save my anti virus (antivir xp) software stops me from doing so.

It shows: C:/.../tempfile o.tmp contains suspicious code HEUR/HTML.Malware.

It only occurs with this campaign. Tried 2 other campaigns and different battles. In all of them I can save normally. But when I try to save during this campaign, it happens all the time.

Um, I can't explain that. Just to double-check I downloaded it myself from the Repository, my Antivirus software scanned it specifically, and said it was fine. I swear there's not a virus in it! :)

Try downloading it again, or maybe from cmmods.greenasjade.net?

Oh man, this a very good campaign!

I'm really enjoy it. All workday is a suffering and waiting for the evening when I can continue to order to my pixeltruppens. :)

When do you playtest it, did you get casuality? I mean, I have losses and I afraid to the future missions. I didn't lost any vehicle, but my infantri is only 2/3. Will I get some reinforcement or I have to save them more?