So how many copies of CMBN sold

Since Battlefront seems to keep this stuff a big secret.

Because they do this for the love of the hobby, Not the money:)

lets get everyones opinion of how many copies they think they manage to sell of this game. Hopefully enough to keep them employed for years to come, right.

I know what type of numbers I see at club sites and forums as to those that register, but what percentage of that to those that buy the game

I will say, maybe 50,000 copies, what is your opinion

BFC is a privately run company and does not need to release sales figures. I am however sure they sold or will sell more than 50,000 copies. Unfortunately they dont sell in the millions, which they completely deserve. I think if they did sell millions of copies this would be the last game they make. :) Dealing with all the complaints or living in Tahiti......tough choice.

BFC is a privately run company and does not need to release sales figures. I am however sure they sold or will sell more than 50,000 copies. Unfortunately they dont sell in the millions, which they completely deserve. I think if they did sell millions of copies this would be the last game they make. :) Dealing with all the complaints or living in Tahiti......tough choice.

Ahh I don't know Tahiti ain't all it's cracked up to be. Part with our wonderful company for beautiful beaches, drinks and friendly company? I think they'd pass.

On this first release of the new game with the topic chosen, I think the sells to general players might be high, but it is a game that really only attracts those that want detailed level play and am willing to learn the system to play well. So many casual gamers might buy one version of the game, but liking not a second. So it comes down to war nuts that find out about the game and are willing to invest in it. For more of the crowd that whats a sim.

As for numbers of sales, it cannot be too high becasue they sure do not seem to have the money to expand the company much. And look at CMX1 maybe with all it sales there is hundreds of thousands who have played it. But sights like the scenario depot show that those tracking the game and playing it is not that high in comparison. and many of them players bgought the games in stores or have illigal copies.

Well, they've added several skilled people to the payroll since CMSF first came

out, so clearly the company has a larger cash flow now than they did in the early CMx1 days (note, though that larger cash flow does not necessarily equal greater profits). Of course, the CM franchise isn't the company's only source of revenue, but I assume it is the most significant by a considerable margin.

What exactly this means in sales figures, I have no idea other than "more".

Well, they've added several skilled people to the payroll since CMSF first came

out, so clearly the company has a larger cash flow now than they did in the early CMx1 days (note, though that larger cash flow does not necessarily equal greater profits). Of course, the CM franchise isn't the company's only source of revenue, but I assume it is the most significant by a considerable margin.

What exactly this means in sales figures, I have no idea other than "more".

I think, but I am not sure, they allowed 3rd party publishing firms to make cd's and box and sell the CMX1 games, I know that because that is how I bought all three of CMX1 games, and I bought them for much less than battlefront was selling it for. So battlefront likely was only paid cents on the dollar for what they produced. Also I think it was these firms that did little in protecting the game from being copied or protected from reproduction. So when all is said and done, Steve and Battlefront said, we will not let that happen again. recommitted themselves to the indepentant concept and just do it on your own. Sure they will lose some sales as to total units sold. But much better profit when it all flows directing to your company. Which is where I think it has stayed with the CMX2 stuff

I am glad they have figured a way to stay profitable and to produce the type of game we all enjoy.

I would just like to get a feel more for the reason I really do wonder how many people out there really do find this as a hobby and play this type of game. For sure we ase a very small minority that seems to find and stay in this area of game entertainment

It's actually no-ones business but BFC's. Maybe those members who ask such questions would care to post their tax statements so everyone can see how much money they make? Fairs fair.

I think that is a bit rough. It's more idle curiosity and a sense of well-wishing than wanting to pry into BFCs private accounts.

It's actually no-ones business but BFC's. Maybe those members who ask such questions would care to post their tax statements so everyone can see how much money they make? Fairs fair.

I know battlefront will not give out any information, so I thought it would be interesting to see what other thought total sales might be. but so far I see no one has the guts to share their thoughts.

So chill, I am not breaking into the company files to get facts, just trying to get players to voice their thought on sale numbers. But maybe my efforts on this one is in vain. like it is taboo to speak of such things.

Well if we really want to pry, what inquiring minds want to know Steve - Boxers or Briefs?

As to sales figures, I think the real answer is none of us know and that pretty much sums up the thread. We wish them the best. It isn't that it is taboo, more that idle supposition on this topic just isn't of much interest to most I suspect.

BFC is obviously doing well as they have hinted and that is all I need to know- they will continue to produce a great quality product so I will have something for my retirement years.

I know battlefront will not give out any information, so I thought it would be interesting to see what other thought total sales might be. but so far I see no one has the guts to share their thoughts.

18 copies sold. Now that you got my estimate, does this make you feel any better?

Hmmm, the "Knowledge of Crowds" theory would lead one to think that the average of all our "guesses" would lead to a fairly accurate assessment of the true number of sales.

Wishing the best for BF.C (selfishly, since I enjoy these games), I will use my guess to improve their sales figure. I say "10,300,228". And a half.

The other active thread had these comments, so these give a little insight

A while back there was a thread where BFC actually admitted to a semi-load of metal boxes being delivered.

Quote:

Do the math:

53feet long X 96inch high X 102 inch wide {size of 18 wheeler} / 6inches X 8inches X 2inches{per box} - volume taken up by pallets = whole freaking pile

Quote:

Careful calculations indicate: 64,872

This of course doesn't take download only games and games ordered after the metal box supply was exhausted.

"I wish instead I were doing what my dog is doing at this moment, rolling in something ripe he has found on the beach in order to take on its smell. His is such an easy, simple way to increase one's stature and enlarge one's personality." EB White

This one is from steve

"No you don't. If we became insanely rich we might retire early and do something else. So you want us to be comfortably compensated, but still hungry for more

And no, the order numbers don't mean anything. 220,000 orders would definitely put us into the "at risk of retiring" range, not to mention 2 million! Either one is a nice thought.

While we won't give out sales numbers, or a hint of them, we can say that CM:BN will likely top our direct sales for any other game except (possibly!) CMBO. Too soon to say for sure since the game hasn't even been out a week yet, but that's the way it's headed."

Steve

So with them statements, It appears likely over the 50,000 mark but less than 200,000.

I figure if things go very well for them in the long run, with plenty of good reviiews in gaming magazines, maybe they might get near 100,000 on sales. Which as is mentioned in the one statement might be a new level of profit that they have not seen before, it might give them the ability to push to a new level of ability within the company. That might be good news.

Also it shows a little more what I was interested in, that is how small of a group of people this is in a very large portion of the world market.

These numbers are so small compared to say the free online game of "World of Tanks"

But look at two totally different concepts, the game is designed to appeal to the masses. the concept of protraying something real is only in the graphics.

Profit is a interesting thing with these games, find ways to get players to pay for upgrades, not sure if its in that game yet, but I saw a discussion with the owner and know there was something on that line being implemented.

Always add something new and better to force players to keep coming back.

Addiction is actually part of the design in most new online games. They require you to get the latest stuff to be able to stay at the top of the food chain, so new added items that defeat the last new toy.

Hmmm, the "Knowledge of Crowds" theory would lead one to think that the average of all our "guesses" would lead to a fairly accurate assessment of the true number of sales.

Wishing the best for BF.C (selfishly, since I enjoy these games), I will use my guess to improve their sales figure. I say "10,300,228". And a half.

Only if the average person making a guess has some reasonable way of making an estimate. If you ask 10,000 people to estimate the height of someone they have never seen (and never seen a picture of) they have nothing to go on except what size a typical person is (in their experience - may vary depending on where in the world you are). Taking the average might give you a fairly well defined answer, but it will tell you nothing at all about the person in question; it will just tell you what sort of heights people consider typical. It might give you a decent estimate of the average height of the population at large.

The wisdom of the crowds approach only tells you something when the crowds have some information about the subject in question. I really doubt that many people here have any clue what typical game sales (or wargame sales more specifically) are like within a factor of 10 or so.