The Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, Emrys missed having a whole page without his crap posting all over it...

I wonder... maybe he pinin' - or maybe he's passed on, or sumfink!

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This Emrys is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the chair 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-EMRYS!!

Ahhh, the stuff of dreams.

Noba.

What are you nattering on about now?

From the Urban Dictionary:

"The origin of the expression go pound sand is from a longer expression, not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole.

The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

1812 isnt that long ago. Salt mining is much older.

The phrase "go pound salt" orginated in the early days of commercial salt mine operations in the US. There were a number of specific jobs performed by people who worked in the mine. The lowest paying and most menial job was pounding large rocks into smaller crystals that could be used for cooking and curing of meats. This job was usually given to those deemed less intelligent (the village idiot, if you will) or those who could find no other gainful employment.

The phrase became a popular way of telling someone to "go fly a kite", do something meaningless or menial, or that they were an idiot and needed to go preoccupy themselves with something mundane like crushing rock salt into crystals.

The phrase "go pound salt" orginated in the early days of commercial salt mine operations in the US. There were a number of specific jobs performed by people who worked in the mine. The lowest paying and most menial job was pounding large rocks into smaller crystals that could be used for cooking and curing of meats. This job was usually given to those deemed less intelligent (the village idiot, if you will) or those who could find no other gainful employment.

The phrase became a popular way of telling someone to "go fly a kite", do something meaningless or menial, or that they were an idiot and needed to go preoccupy themselves with something mundane like crushing rock salt into crystals.

Judas Priest...

You had me at 1812. Asleep, that is. Hey, anyone ever want to render somebody else comatose? Just aim Nidan1 at them and tell him to explain stuff. I swear, halfway through the first paragraph, my feet went all numb.

Honestly what's the point if you can't say it in Polish?

Judas Priest...

You had me at 1812. Asleep, that is. Hey, anyone ever want to render somebody else comatose? Just aim Nidan1 at them and tell him to explain stuff. I swear, halfway through the first paragraph, my feet went all numb.

Your head is numb......1912 isnt that long ago.