I am already worried

Try running it as administrator, try turning your anti_virus off, and try giving us enough information to actually help you. The demo runs fine on win7/64 for most people, including me. A full spec sheet and the exact type of anti-virus and firewall you are using would be an excellent first step.

Hi Skyking

I think that I had the same problem as you seem to have. Upon trying to load the demo I got the error message:

"CM Normandy Demo.exe has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is available ..."

I have an ATI Redeon HD 5800 graphics card. Is your graphics card an ATI card?

The solution for me was to upgrade to the latest drivers. It now works perfectly. Hope it works for you.

I had some trouble with the TOW demos. It was my sound card drivers. I have a fancy soundcard (EMU1212) that is designed for music recording so occassionally I have trouble with some games.

As above it sort of sounds like a driver issue.

Have you gone through the CMSF tech support forums?

Silly question. Have you tried deleting then reuploading the demo just in case a couple bits in the 500+meg file got corrupted? Another random thought - try simplifying the options in your graphics card to see if some fillter is conflicting with the game. I'm out of ideas.

format your machine, install latest drivers, then try it.

rotflmao You remind me of a guy who i used to work with in IT back in the Dot Com glory days. He was support for a small (20 person) office. His answer to everything was to re-image their machine. No offense, but he no longer works in IT. Sometimes you can't just go formatting your machine to deal with an issue with a single application. It just isn't practical.

rotflmao You remind me of a guy who i used to work with in IT back in the Dot Com glory days. He was support for a small (20 person) office. His answer to everything was to re-image their machine. No offense, but he no longer works in IT. Sometimes you can't just go formatting your machine to deal with an issue with a single application. It just isn't practical.

Yeah, its the same with driver...

- I have a problem...

- First update all drivers !

I never did this and still got most software working, that means:

- Format your machine ! = Ignore

- Update your drivers ! = Ignore

...at least for me. ;)

Yeah, its the same with driver...

- I have a problem...

- First update all drivers !

I never did this and still got most software working, that means:

- Format your machine ! = Ignore

- Update your drivers ! = Ignore

...at least for me. ;)

Don't get me wrong, occasionally I would love to wipe my PC just to completely clean it of all the garbage it collects. The internet is roughly comparable to the space beneath my refrigerator except I can roll out the refrigerator and clean it out periodically.

I just find that figuring something out helps me understand how it works better. This knowledge in turn I can build on to help improve my whole experience. Just formatting it removes the ability to learn from the experience. All i have learned is how to format and I picked that up back last century.

Not sure I understand why anyone would format a drive when there is all kinds of software free you can make an image with?!

There's no way I'd hassle with getting all the settings straight again on my system when I can do it once, make the image, and then restore back to it whenever I feel like it's time for a refresh.

This is what I use: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

Battle tested, I've restored on multiple occasions to the image this free software creates.

With an external HD, you can make them as often as you like and even schedule them.

No brainer.