Two words that impressed me last night ....

Lionel Messi.

Move along. (The reason there was no input from my side into CMBN.) Apologies if off-topic, but life carries on outside, even with such remarkable products as BFC's poetry in motion; should we miss something that, in my lifetime, I'm privileged to watch, to see it unfold ...?

Wow, a soccer thread! What can I say, I just feel sorry for R Madrid and Mourinio who most probably will never have the chance to top him in this decade :)

I still prefer Maradona overall though. He was more "real". Messi is like a playstation sprite on steroids!

Maradona boo, hiss, druggy cheater. Pele is and will always be the god of soccer.

I can’t say either way as until the initial post I had no idea as to who he / she was.

I gather now he’s(?) a footballer of some renown. somewhere.

LOL I had to google it myself, but at least I have an excuse of being from the country confused about what is football. Anyway it is Stanley Cup time and my hometown and my current home are both in it. Life is good.

But at least I have an excuse of being from the country confused about what is football.

Same here. “Football” is defined by where you live.

Football =

Australian Football League (commonly called “Aussie Rules”)

Rugby League (“League”)

Rugby Union (“Rugby“)

European Football (“Soccer” or “Football”)

I still prefer Maradona overall though. He was more "real". Messi is like a playstation sprite on steroids!

And Maradona was on steroids...and coke, and heroin.. What an ironic thing to say.

But you're right, 52 goals this season, nothing "real" about that. :rolleyes:

Barca - love the way they play, hate the way they play act.

Huh? Did you not see last year World Cup final? (where more than half players of Spain´s national team were Barça's)

Nowadays the only way some teams manage to play against Barça is by trying to cut their players down.

Now pray tell me, if you were the subject of this agressive stance by your opponent how would you behave to counter it? Saying thanks and asking for more?

I am not a Barça supporter but I for one can´t blame them for playing-acting whenever required.

Maybe they should add a new rule to the forums no politics and no soccer :D.
There are those rules in specific forums. While I understand that for some soccer is religion/politics, I just tried to explain why my testing schedule for CMBN went haywire.

So, again, two words that impressed me today: Combat Mission (and the new Beta executable)

Did you know that Real madrid, were formed under Francos order with the explicit remit of hammering Barca, they were a state funded, facist propaganda tool. Come on the Barca.

where the **** have you studied history?

it´s really difficult to write more nonsenses in so few words as you did, dude