Two words that impressed me last night ....

where the **** have you studied history?

it´s really difficult to write more nonsenses in so few words as you did, dude

Gents, enough. Whether true or not, I'm not interested. This is not the correct forum to discuss Franco's policies, as misguided as they were.

"Shoot me, for they do not know what they have done." I started it, I'll take the rap Moon, despite the repeated words "Combat Mission" here to bring it either to conclusion, or different direction.

Can anyone wanting to discuss their version of history, real or imagined, please take this up in the General forum.

I should have known better even to refer to soccer in passing. Imagine underwater hockey!

Frankly, that game was a disgrace... I guess Barcelona deserved to win overall, but both teams should have had quite a few bookings for all the rather obvious dives (I'd like to see diving stats other a season for both Busquets and Di Maria...). As for Pepe's red card, Real's fans can complain all they want about it, I won't cry for them - there are other Real players who should have been sent off anyway, beginning with Adebayor.

Wow, a soccer thread! What can I say, I just feel sorry for R Madrid and Mourinio who most probably will never have the chance to top him in this decade :)

I still prefer Maradona overall though. He was more "real". Messi is like a playstation sprite on steroids!

I think you just can't compare players who played in such different times... The game has evolved tremendously over the past decades, and the skill you need to shine in today's football just aren't the same that you needed back in Maradonna's days (let alone in Pelé's)!

Did you know that Real madrid, were formed under Francos order with the explicit remit of hammering Barca, they were a state funded, facist propaganda tool. Come on the Barca.

Real was created in 1902, long before the days of the fascist regime, and the name "Real" was awarded by the king of Spain in 1920, so once again before Franco's coup. Now, AFAIK, Franco's regime did end up favoring Real (though I'm pretty sure the Athlético de Madrid was originally preferred) - but it was just a pre-existing team that happened to be convenient for Franco's propaganda, certainly not a creation of the regime.