Cemeteries

Spice up your dead? (I'm not quite dead yet, in fact I think I'm feeling better)
Damn,give us a break.Us Americans have only been doing the whole cemetary thing for a few hundred years.You guys in Europe have been dying off for a few thousand years.BFC devs are in America,that is why they have not got the cemetary look right yet,We need another Millenia or two to get it right.:D

I apologize for the errors in spelling cemeteries in my first post.

LongLeftFlank, the look of your muslim cemetery mod is definitely great.

Mya i add that despite what i've very of seen in CMx1 maps, cemeteries in France are quite often situated at the edge of towns, instead of adjacent the church in the middle of the town. This is for sanitary and obvious terrain use reasons.

Very often , french cemeteries are enclosed by high walls.

The fountain objects are a nice addition ; but what is much more common in french villages is the "Monuments aux Morts" (war memorial of 14-18). Even the smallest villages has its own, located in ist very center, usually in the form a statue with a socle where are engraved the names of the dozens (sometines hundreds for larger towns) of men fallen in WWI. This is very characteristic of the french landscape.

Monuments-aux-mort-de-Angliers-86330.JPG

I think the cemetary objetcs are lacking the horizontal tombstone typical of a french cemetary.

as opposed to US cemetaries with only vertical grave stones, i think.

Not really a game-breaker but Thin-Red-Line is true. French cemeteries looks significantly different from those seen in CMBN's screens. ;)

For example http://www.battlefront.com/images/stories/CMBN/Gall1/church05.jpg feels "wrong" to us.

Can the statuesqe graveyard monuments be modded in?

ps Have just looked at the flavour objects on page 122(fountain images 4,5 & 6) in the FM and they look like graveyard monuments. So modding in more and altering the originals slightly is achieveable is it not modders?

Can the statuesqe graveyard monuments be modded in?

ps Have just looked at the flavour objects on page 122(fountain images 4,5 & 6) in the FM and they look like graveyard monuments. So modding in more and altering the originals slightly is achieveable is it not modders?

...In fact I found this picture that can match graveyard monuments!

cmnormandydebug20110430.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us