The Mac is Back!!!

I must have hit send while your message was crossing the pond!

Well lets hope the Mac is 14-21 days and PC comes sooner! (probably not)

lol i think we both had the same angry moment at the same time but you had presence of mind to type quicker

Pre-order is out :)

These 14-21 days are really a bummer. Instead of doing something useful during the easter holidays I'll have to spend it in the garden or with the kids or family. Oh, well...

What sort of people are BF? Making men spend time with their families and doing diy when they should be playing games!

Well lets hope the Mac is 14-21 days and PC comes sooner! (probably not)

This is the truth.

The PC pre-orders are already boxed and ready to go, whilst it will take some time to do the same for the Mac orders just coming in, thus 14-21 days for them.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

When the BF website loaded and the title of the latest post hit my eyes there was an involuntary "Whoop" and spontaneous applause here in Tasmania that might have been heard all the way over in the BF bunker?

Been waiting since 2002 to press the order button on this game . . .

Almost silly how overjoyed a man can be about a computer game on a specific computer platform . . . but this is no ordinary game and [put your flammenwerfers away please] IMHO this is no ordinary OS.

Thank you Team BF.

...... now about that CM:BN version for the iPad?

I'm one of the ones seeking clarification on that wording ... "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days. Once released, it will be available in a PC and a Mac OS X version ..."

It says CM is scheduled for release, not the CM OSX version specifically. From the way it's worded it sounds like both PC and OS versions will hit at the same time, some 14-21 days from now.

Anyone else read that the same way? Could a BF god clarify for us, please?

If the 21 days estimate applies to Mac too, then I am guessing that people on the West Coast like me should have it in their hands by the middle of May. People on the East Coast a day or two sooner. People in the Midwest will perforce have to cope with delivery times via stagecoach/pony express. Tough luck fellas, but your Christmas should be a merry one.

:D

Michael

Hey, a question on behalf of a Mac inclined buddy of mine. He has a foot in both Mac and PC worlds, and is wondering about which version to get.

Has the Mac version been ported over to PC, or was it made natively for Mac, or... what?

I guess I'm asking about the relationship between the two, since he says that sometimes Mac games that were ported over from PC run better in PC than they do in Mac. In which case, he would prefer the PC version.

So for the beta testers who work in Mac and PC, have you noticed any differences? Can you comment on this?

Hey, a question on behalf of a Mac inclined buddy of mine. He has a foot in both Mac and PC worlds, and is wondering about which version to get.

Has the Mac version been ported over to PC, or was it made natively for Mac, or... what?

I guess I'm asking about the relationship between the two, since he says that sometimes Mac games that were ported over from PC run better in PC than they do in Mac. In which case, he would prefer the PC version.

So for the beta testers who work in Mac and PC, have you noticed any differences? Can you comment on this?

Well I can't comment on what came first, but certainly there is a common structure (so for example, I can take my Data Folder or Games Folder from the PC and put it in the Mac folder and it all works).

There are some differences in terms of file structure (and I'm not sure if that's in NDA land so I wont say anthing) but menus etc are "common". This commonality extends to things like "Alt" is the keyboard shortcut for things (as opposed to the Mac centric "option") but I believe that's on the basis that all the machines new enough to run it will have the relevant key on the keyboard labelled as both.

I have noticed some graphics differences but that is more along the lines of my current MacBook Pro having a 512MB card and the Windows box a 1GB card.

I suspect when the new MacBook Pro arrives with its 1GB card on board it will be "like for like".