The Mac is Back!!!

Finally! I don't remember when my card left my wallet this fast last time.:D

And I don't complain about waiting another three weeks after waiting for several years for the real CM2 we've all been looking forward for to come out. Now I can use the Easter to re-read some Normandy books and plan for a CM vacation!

As a sidenote I do think though, that it was wise to use the CM:SF generation for developing the CM2 engine and ironing out most bugs so that we can get a smooth ride in CM heartland. ;)

Sweet anticipation...

Thank Christ for that!

I've been waiting to play CM again properly on the Mac since late 2004.

Next thing I need to do now is buy a new MacBook just to play it. Convincing the old lady that there is some unexpected capital expenditure is another matter however.

Assuming my head is still on my shoulders next month, I'll be toasting Steve and the others at BFC when the order arrives.

Just like to wish all the Mac users here a good time when they finally start playing.

Dan

Well you should be able to download it before the box arrives, subject to your bandwidth of course.

I know mate, but i meant that i'm guessing we will see a release date before the download starts. As we have not seen a date yet...etc etc.

Hence my remark of hoping for a surprise in the mail (download open without having seen a date first).

Ok, jes spitballin here...

Now that Combat Mission : Beyond Normandy coming out for OS X, what are the chances that Battlefront will retroactively release the Combat Mission : Shock Force series for OS X also?

Yes; BFC has said this is part of their plan.

Don't know time frame, though.

Placed my order (to avoid "free ride" accusations for us Beta Testers).

Listen all you Beta testers deserve to have the game for free...

Also I was hoping it would be released on the Royal Wedding day...so the women can watch that and leave us alone to go to Normandy 1944...

Listen all you Beta testers deserve to have the game for free...

Well I wont say no if two copies arrive instead of one (or four in my case as I pre ordered the PC version too) but I always find it useful to be on the moral "high ground" when someone starts slinging off about:

"How you beta testers are all BFC fan boys!" or

"always on BFCs side because you get free copies"

or some other rubbish.