Is the AI Improved over origional CM?

Talk about a hissy fit. I thought we don't get women in this part of the Internet. :D

Seriously. Hahaha. I could make an educated guess on the poster's age or rage levels, but I think I'll refrain since it's rather obvious. The "have fun on your stupid forum with this upcoming stupid game." had me chuckling out loud.

EDIT: Hi mom.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must be a new record, first post at 4:11 am, tears off shirt and leaves for good at 9:01 am.

Everyone is in such a hurry these days. In the old days, one would let the tension build up for days or weeks and over multiple threads before the final public meltdown. I must be getting old. :)

Also I can see now those at the wargamer were correct when they said these forums had gone down tremedously with nothing left on them but trolls and fanbois.

Yes, you're right: if they guys over at Wargamer say it, then it must be true.:rolleyes:

Seriously, has anyone here ever contracted a virus or a trojan from a third party map? Anyone?

Nope, certainly not anything from Battlefront or any of the fan produced stuff, and I have it by the Gig-load

And for what it is worth I have never been much of a fan of randomly created maps, I much prefer the painstakingly crafted accurate maps that those with far greater skill and patience than I have generously donated to the community as a whole.

I once contracted a virus while downloading the short CMSF marine campaign. Took 5 days for my sinuses to clear up. War is hell...

:D

And for what it is worth I have never been much of a fan of randomly created maps, I much prefer the painstakingly crafted accurate maps that those with far greater skill and patience than I have generously donated to the community as a whole.

I'm with you there. My memory of the random maps from CMx1 is that quite often, particularly with urban or village maps, they weren't that great.

Seriously, has anyone here ever contracted a virus or a trojan from a third party map? Anyone?

no i did not, and i have played most of anything that was made for CMSF. battlefront repository and GAJ CMMODS site are clean, but i can still understand "SonofDiablos" frustration.

he asks a simple straight up question and instead of telling him there is NO independent STRAT AI in the game you get around telling him this and that and trying to twist a bad fact on its nice side. he never asked about TAC AI and his question made it obvious he meant the STRAT AI.

and through more question SonofDiablo needs to find out the bad news for himself. frustration was inevitable there.

if the guys at wargamer think this forums are overrun with fanbo"i"s, then i would agree with them. i dont post at wargamer and i barely post here anymore, maybe this changes when east front comes around and the new crowd here lost their "rose colored glasses" they wear right now, but as a objective spectator it is clearly visible right now.

i still read a lot here, and honest answers are getting rare, mostly questions that could led to dislike or frustration are never answered straight but always in a way it still looks good, if you dont know the engine, that is.

anyways, i hope east front arives soon to save me. :D

As for the rose-tinted glasses...well, maybe some. But it's the natural by-product of a lot of eager anticipation of a much desired product. I have posted my own warnings about this attitude, but you might as well tell the tide to go back. The thing will run its course through various stages of delight and disillusionment and finally arrive wherever it arrives. My own opinion, for what it's worth, is that it will be a fine if imperfect product. And that's about as much as you can hope for in this world.

Michael

no i did not, and i have played most of anything that was made for CMSF. battlefront repository and GAJ CMMODS site are clean, but i can still understand "SonofDiablos" frustration.

he asks a simple straight up question and instead of telling him there is NO independent STRAT AI in the game you get around telling him this and that and trying to twist a bad fact on its nice side. he never asked about TAC AI and his question made it obvious he meant the STRAT AI.

and through more question SonofDiablo needs to find out the bad news for himself. frustration was inevitable there.

if the guys at wargamer think this forums are overrun with fanbo"i"s, then i would agree with them. i dont post at wargamer and i barely post here anymore, maybe this changes when east front comes around and the new crowd here lost their "rose colored glasses" they wear right now, but as a objective spectator it is clearly visible right now.

i still read a lot here, and honest answers are getting rare, mostly questions that could led to dislike or frustration are never answered straight but always in a way it still looks good, if you dont know the engine, that is.

anyways, i hope east front arives soon to save me. :D

I don't think GeorgeMC was deliberately misunderstanding his question and just answered as honestly as he could. Remember that a lot of things changed between the two games and CMx1 is not necessarily at the front of George's mind.

Although SonOfDiablo took a lot of flak, you can't really say he started off in the most neutral tone by claiming the CMBN is just CMAK with prettier graphics.

Remember this is a discussion board after all, not Yahoo answers.

I have posted my own warnings about this attitude, but you might as well tell the tide to go back. The thing will run its course through various stages of delight and disillusionment and finally arrive wherever it arrives.

you placed this nicely. i could not said it better then i did. but i still think some are carried away with the "stream" to much and loose touch with what they will actually get.

i am sure to watch the release day and the days after verry closely, this will be fun.

I don't think GeorgeMC was deliberately misunderstanding his question and just answered as honestly as he could.

yes and no, i did not name anyone specific, but if you pick out GeorgeMC, i think he should know better, especially he as beta.

you cant tell me a beta doesnt know that CMx2 has no STRAT AI but only scripted instructions resulting from the scenario designers guess about the players moves.

heck, i mean i am an ordinary player and know very very well about it. and GeorgeMC gave us quiet a lot of nice scenarios so he should know even better... .

i not saying anyone does this deliberately but that the betas are carried away with the stream is just natural, wasnt different with CMSF, so GeorgeMC was maybe a bad example to pick.

That is the kind of immature attitude I would expect on a kiddie forum like ubisoft. No one bothers to discuss features or advance arguments anymore. If someone does not agree with your every whim, dismiss him as a "fanboi".:rolleyes:

you placed this nicely. i could not said it better then i did. but i still think some are carried away with the "stream" to much and loose touch with what they will actually get.

i am sure to watch the release day and the days after verry closely, this will be fun.

yes and no, i did not name anyone specific, but if you pick out GeorgeMC, i think he should know better, especially he as beta.

you cant tell me a beta doesnt know that CMx2 has no STRAT AI but only scripted instructions resulting from the scenario designers guess about the players moves.

heck, i mean i am an ordinary player and know very very well about it. and GeorgeMC gave us quiet a lot of nice scenarios so he should know even better... .

i not saying anyone does this deliberately but that the betas are carried away with the stream is just natural, wasnt different with CMSF, so GeorgeMC was maybe a bad example to pick.

Well if you reread George's post, you will see that he goes into detail what AIs are implemented in CMBN, including the fact that AI plans have to be constructed for scenario's. So it's not like the OP had to post ten times before anyone told him. It would have also been reasonable to assume that if AI plans needed to be constructed for regular scenario's, this would also apply to QBs since they are just scenario's where you get to pick the forces. Again, I think OP got a lot of flak, but on this forum I find that the right attitude (being polite) and stuff can get you very far.

Anyways cya J...ks have fun on your stupid forum with this upcoming stupid game.

Oh geez, that is hilarious as it comes after he claims all sorts of superiority and accuses everyone of Fanboism.

Originally Posted by Pandur

You must be reading a different forum than I am reading as I don't get that at all. It is interesting that the charge of Fanboism gets bandied about but then your Holy Grail is name dropped - Ost Front.

Gee, I guess in your world the ONLY legitimate players are those who play CMBB and will wait until CM Russian Front is released to be happy. Just who is it that has on the "rose colored glasses" again?

...you will see that he goes into detail what AIs are implemented in CMBN...

yes sure, but its packed in a lot of unnecessary text. CMx1 had TAC and STRAT AI so SonofDiablo possibly already knows about these.

a straight answer from me would have included that TAC ai is compareable to CMx1 and STRAT AI is non existent compared to CMx1, all in one sentence.

but guys, i did not wanted to get a big argument going here about all this. i need to get to my kendo lessons now but fear when i come back later there will be XX posts quoteing me and i have a hell of a time working through all the answers wanting to reply :D

so long, and thanks for all the fish ;)

PS.: well i dropped the ost front line to avoid accusations of total negativity.

In post #2 he seems to do an entirely fair job explaining the AI thing. He was trying to be helpful to SoD (hah!) and got nothing but grief for it from him.

And yet for some the debate leads to fanboism and again betas get mentioned especially. lolwut?

*edit*

First GeorgeMC was taken to task for not answering the question, and when corrected that this isn't accurate, for answering the question too much?! Are you kidding me?!

...and STRAT AI is non existent compared to CMx1

Except that is not accurate at all. It's different and in some ways less responsive sure. But with the help of a good designer it can do so very much more then the rather basic CMx1 zombie rush. Some people clearly have forgotten CMx1's 8cm mortar crew assaults. Perhaps you baulk at the word AI? Lets cater your pedantry and call it a Programmed Opponent then. And the PO has way more potential then CMx1 "AI".