CM:BN vs PC:O like Blur vs Oasis?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CMx2 engine is very broken.

It looks good, yes, but the 1to1 mechanic is years behind new Close Combat releases.

Oh there are "new" Close Combat releases now eh. I'm so glad I hung on to 486dx with matrox millenium video card. i can't wait to see the pixelated little spritetards wiggling across the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
Hehe... he said spritetards... hehehe :D

Seriously, that's pretty clever. If you didn't come up with that yourself, Gundolf, I encourage you to take credit for it anyway.

Steve

You think that's clever? Insulting a classic game and encouraging others to do so also? At least the Matrix guys don't actively put down other games.

No wonder this message board is so arrogant. If life were a Combat Mission game, Steve would have a little picture picture in the lower left, and the leadership would be -2.

I bet when I take a sh*t in the morning I'm making more money than you. I'm paying cash for PC:O (I could get this game for free) and I will also buy CMN, but only when it is on Ebay for $5.

No offense; I hope your game is a success, because the genre certainly needs it, but please drop the attitude.

You think that's clever? Insulting a classic game and encouraging others to do so also? At least the Matrix guys don't actively put down other games.

No wonder this message board is so arrogant. If life were a Combat Mission game, Steve would have a little picture picture in the lower left, and the leadership would be -2.

I bet when I take a sh*t in the morning I'm making more money than you. I'm paying cash for PC:O (I could get this game for free) and I will also buy CMN, but only when it is on Ebay for $5.

No offense; I hope your game is a success, because the genre certainly needs it, but please drop the attitude.

Take it easy buddy, I don't see any insult given by Steve. He was laughing at somebody making a joke about the dated 2d close combat graphics, what's wrong with that? I mean it's true, the spritetards do slither across the screen in a comical fashion. I personally refuse to buy those close combat games because of the fact that the graphics are the same 1998 technology.

You think I'm over-reacting? Yeah, probably. Forget it. People can draw their own conclusions.

Dude it was a beavis and butthead reference and actually as I read it had nothing to do with CC at all. He was laughing at the use of an expression which if you just take a moment to separate it from the discussion is rather funny - spritetards. C'mon lighten up, it is pretty dang funny. Hell I'll bet Steve starts calling his own units spritetards.

By the way, you any relation to The Donald?

I bet when I take a sh*t in the morning I'm making more money than you.

I think that one pretty much summed you up and I am afraid you were found lacking.

Wow.This is where I insert one of my favorite lines,from one of my favorite movies......

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS

My comment was directed at Battlefront.com. Who the hell are all you other people?

I don't understand. Are not all of you on my side of the fence as consumers of a product? What do you gain by coming after me? I posted my opinion, so what the hell do you care?

Can't Battlefront defend itself? It doesn't need you.

My comment was directed at Battlefront.com. Who the hell are all you other people?

I don't understand. Are not all of you on my side of the fence as consumers of a product? What do you gain by coming after me? I posted my opinion, so what the hell do you care?

Can't Battlefront defend itself? It doesn't need you.

Dude you insulted the whole mesage board in your flame or did you forget that. Hell I am still wondering what you meant when you posted this.

TMJ--

Too many Jews

Take some of that oodles of cash you make when you take your next dump and hire someone else who isn't such a pissy little spritetard to write your posts. heh heh I said spritetard.. heh heh Beavis you dumba**!!

Dude you insulted the whole mesage board in your flame or did you forget that. Hell I am still wondering what you meant when you posted this.

Take some of that oodles of cash you make when you take your next dump and hire someone else who isn't such a pissy little spritetard to write your posts. heh heh I said spritetard.. heh heh Beavis you dumba**!!

Kiss my ass!

You want bring the Jews into this? I don't think thats really the problem here, unless you are one of them!

Kiss my ass!

You want bring the Jews into this? I don't think thats really the problem here, unless you are one of them!

Dude,you are either pulling everyones leg,or you are borderline Institutional,Which is it.Oh by the way,Close combat sucks big wankers.Oh yea,my wife is Jewish,and she is smokin hot,and we make oodles of cash.This thread is so full of win.Thanks for making my night.:D

Kiss my ass!

This just keeps getting better...sigh

Well first of all Gundolf is the one who criticized CC. He doesn't like the graphics. Personally they don't do much for me either nor does the game play. But as far as anyone on this board is concerned another game option out there is usually a good thing. The larger the community, the better off we all are. Spritetards was just funny- independent of CC. What can I say I find a lot of things funny.

As to am I a Jew? - when it comes to people like you, YES I AM.

By the way I love Matrix stuff too and I can buy as many games as I want cause I am a rich Jew. Eat your heart out.

I vaguely remember Mad Russian from the old days on this site (pre CMSF). He is comparing his new game with one released nine years ago. Good luck to the guy, but it sounds to me like he comes fom the "Battlefront are Doing it All Wrong" fraternitiy that once made this site uninhabitable.

Mad Russian made some of the best scenarios around for CMBB, so let's not get personal. As far as I know he was also a civilized forum member. Frustrated in the end perhaps, but that is another story. Let's leave it at that.

And yes, CMBN will be far superior to PCO. Of course it will. There is room enough for both games, as BF already stated, but comparing them is....well, pointless. Having said that, I'm sure PCO will be fun and I will certainly try it.

And no, CMBB will never die. I still enjoy it, although I must admit I'm spending more time nowadays with CMSF and CMA.

I made a decent point, but you don't address it. People come out of the woodwork saying, "Lighten Up!" or "You don't like Jews!"

This is all Bull.

The best explaination so far is a misunderstanding that its some Beavis and Butthead joke!

Misunderstanding of a beavis and butthead joke does not explain your obvious dislike of the Jewish people.

Misunderstanding of a beavis and butthead joke does not explain your obvious dislike of the Jewish people.

You're right. It is out of line. I kind of am pulling people's legs here, and I don't mean to offend. Sorry. It is kind of silly and only works online. In real life, trust me, you would probably have no problems dealing w/me; however, I do find it weird that if anyone says anything that BF shouldn't like, people appear out of the woodwork attacking the criticizer.

And yes, to be honest, deep inside, I distrust Jews.