CM:BN vs PC:O like Blur vs Oasis?

Many of us don't like the modern setting and extreme lethality of modern weapons. Many of us don't like asymmetrical warfare. Many of us don't like a vast, open, sand fillled landscape with little to look at (or take cover behind) outside of the odd palm tree.

Myself, I dislike all of the above. No interest at all in CMSF or its modules, but can't wait for CMBN.

Ditto.

I played CM when it first came out way back and fell in love with it and played all that came after it with BB being my favorite. I also have PC and ToW and while they are enjoyable in their own ways nothing has come close to the WEGO orginal imo. I also tried CMSF and while the improvements are superb I was just never able to get into it for the reason ClarkWGriswold has lined out. Looking at CMBN which returns to its roots and gets a facelift is something I've been waiting for a looooooong time to come. I eagerly look to the east already :)

It's gonna be fun filling those empty CD holders :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, unless they didn't like modern warfare... I am not fond of modern warfare, but still really enjoy the game... I like CM:A even better. I really look forward to building scenario's in CM:BN... After it comes out how but a game HintJ... only thing is I am an old dude and have to play WEGO.... let me know :)

Sounds like fun! But I don't plan to buy CMBN until it has been out awhile. I want to make sure it is up to speed, and whether I can afford it or not, I'm waiting for a price drop.

I got burned on the initial release of CMSF, and among my various character defects, I collect and hold on to grudges.

I am looking at CMA, though. I'm having a fun time w/the demo. I just wish there was a text file that I could easily edit all those Russian names into something more easily recognizable.

Sounds like fun! But I don't plan to buy CMBN until it has been out awhile. I want to make sure it is up to speed, and whether I can afford it or not, I'm waiting for a price drop.

I got burned on the initial release of CMSF, and among my various character defects, I collect and hold on to grudges.

I am looking at CMA, though. I'm having a fun time w/the demo. I just wish there was a text file that I could easily edit all those Russian names into something more easily recognizable.

OK,in the first quote you attack BF and say you make more money then BFC while taking a SH*T in the morning.That was about four pages back,then in the post I quoted above,you say you want to see if you can afford it?I don't really know how to take you.I thank you for the response VIA pm,I read it after I wrote this so I edited this thread for that reason,I just think you need to look deep within yourself and try to find some kind of Peace.Stop being a hater.

OK,in the first quote you attack BF and say you make more money then BFC while taking a SH*T in the morning.That was about four pages back,then in the post I quoted above,you say you want to see if you can afford it?I don't really know how to take you.I thank you for the response VIA pm,I read it after I wrote this so I edited this thread for that reason,I just think you need to look deep within yourself and try to find some kind of Peace.Stop being a hater.

I think you misread me. I meant by, "whether I can afford it or not" as "It doesn't matter if I can afford it or not."

Make no mistake. I can afford it.

I mean leader names. For example changing Doroskoviski, Boronovov, or whatever to Gibson or whatever. I have nothing against Eastern names, but I just feel more immersion w/names more familiar.

I think the strings.txt file might have what you're looking to change. Edit at your own peril of course.