CM:BN vs PC:O like Blur vs Oasis?

You're right. It is out of line. I kind of am pulling people's legs here, and I don't mean to offend. Sorry. It is kind of silly and only works online. In real life, trust me, you would probably have no problems dealing w/me; however, I do find it weird that if anyone says anything that BF shouldn't like, people appear out of the woodwork attacking the criticizer.

And yes, to be honest, deep inside, I distrust Jews.

OK,Fair enough.Why do you distrust Jews though?Isn't there enough trouble in the World without distrusting a whole society without taking each persons merits into consideration.There is good and bad in all Races,Religions,Nationalities ect.ect.

I have Jewish in laws.Some are great people,others are blood thirsty scumbags.Same with Blacks.I have some Black friends,and some Blacks I would call enemies.It is this way with all races.There are Whites I love,and whites I cant stand,I can say this about people from every race on Earth.

Is this not the case with all people.Why judge a people as a whole,why not judge each according to his or her own actions.That Martin Luther King dude is really worth listening to,try it sometime.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. It is out of line. I kind of am pulling people's legs here, and I don't mean to offend. Sorry. It is kind of silly and only works online. In real life, trust me, you would probably have no problems dealing w/me; however, I do find it weird that if anyone says anything that BF shouldn't like, people appear out of the woodwork attacking the criticizer.

And yes, to be honest, deep inside, I distrust Jews.

Sorry to hear that. It really messes your own life up to make assumptions that broadly about any other people. And try the gefilte fish- with horseradish it is quite good! The wine though I would pass on.

It wasn't that you criticized BFC. You are correct, they do defend themslves quite well, certainly better than I can.

The issue (mine anyway) is you completely mis read Steve's post, flamed him and the whole message board and then closed with this arrogant attitude as if to say "I can buy and sell all you useless morons". Like your financial position mattered one wit to anyone here. The whole post was just very objectionable.

Happy Easter you Inferior person.You are so different from me.I despise you.:D;)

Disclaimer:This response to the above "Happy Easter" post is meant as Sarcasm.The person,or persons responsible for this reply are not to be considered a racist under any circumstance.The person"From this point forward to be called the Party of the First part" responsible for the writing of this reply is not to be held accountible for any and all misunderstandings of his remark by any other persons"From this point forward to be called the party of the second part".The party of the first part does not assume any responsibilty for any damages or injuries claimed by the Party of the second part at present or in the future,nor any losses claimed due to a misunderstanding of the above sarcasm.Not sold where prohibited by law,some assembly required,not suitable for children under the age of thirteen.Etc.Etc.

Wait a minute.. there are JEWS here!?

I thought they were italian!

Haha. What a random thing to discuss on the BFC forum. :P

But, anywho, I was looking at PCO the other day and I will not buy/get it.

After playing PC:K I put it away. I was told it was "epic" and "better than CMBB!". Filthy liars! The soldiers looked like they were made from the tinfoil found in cigarette packs!

CC I like. Been playing CC since the third game (CC III). Only fun with mods, though.

CC5 with the Karelia 2 mod. <3

Steve

And maybe for that reason looking at PC:O might be interesting. However, last time we looked at it all we saw was CMx1 with a "command" layer on top that we have no interest in.
I have PC O and will definitely get PCK, it is a free upgrade after all. However, as you dont know anything about it, it does have a couple of innovative features that CM games could incorporate.

1. The ability to import data from Google maps direct to a mapmaker. Obviously these will be modern maps, but they will be real maps that can be made much faster than a human can make one. Terrain is after all terrain.

2. The ability to use a file transfer service and incorporate it into your PBEM turns. The game asks you your preferred service and does the rest. Playing a PBEM game like an IP WEGO game would therefore be possible.

Only just skimmed over whats happening with PCO but there does seem to be a wee bit of innovation in the update, albeit the game does feel dated when fired up now.

I have CM:BN on pre-order, but I'm looking forward to getting both, it's a great time for tactical wargaming!

What's the worst that could happen? If one is much better than the other and gets most of my time and enjoyment, I'll still have the other one for if I want a change of pace and spend some time on the other front. :)

Steve I have PC O and will definitely get PCK, it is a free upgrade after all. However, as you dont know anything about it, it does have a couple of innovative features that CM games could incorporate.

1. The ability to import data from Google maps direct to a mapmaker. Obviously these will be modern maps, but they will be real maps that can be made much faster than a human can make one. Terrain is after all terrain.

That is impressive.

As I noted earlier, it also has terrain grid that can be toggled on and off.

Please...all this talk about PC:O and CMBN when we all should recognize the newest, bestest, most awesomest WW2 tactical wargame on the market today

WORLD OF TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I remember Panzer Command as a Panzer Elite contempary not a Close Combat or CMBO game. Didn't you have control of a tank and tank platoon to drive around?

Please...all this talk about PC:O and CMBN when we all should recognize the newest, bestest, most awesomest WW2 tactical wargame on the market today

WORLD OF TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I remember Panzer Command as a Panzer Elite contempary not a Close Combat or CMBO game. Didn't you have control of a tank and tank platoon to drive around?

Haha, World of Tanks ... I played that for about 2 hours and then realized I was only playing to unlock things and that I wasn't having any fun at all :D

HAPPY EASTER... and I still think PC:K SUCKS.....

But who cares as I am just one of THOSE people...

Are you an import broker?!

I bought the first PC and found it woefully lacking. The second game, PCK, was a bit of an improvement, but still very rough.

Around six months ago, I had some free time, and I was looking though my old games, found PCK, and I thought I'd give it another shot. Then I decided to check for a recent patch, and that's when I discovered PCO.

Honestly, all the improvements the PC team made should really make for a great game. I believe the improvements have been fueled by dislike for CMx2. Personally, I don't understand that, since CMx2 is a pretty damn good game.

I haven't anticipated a game more since OFP! Yes, CMBN should be good, but it looks like CMSF w/a WWII mod. PCO has an open structure, as opposed to CMx2, so you should have more flexibility w/the system if someone forgets to put in Panzerfausts, or something like that. Also, there's no bizarro DRM.

But ultimately, PCO and CMBN are two totally different games. PC is intentionally more of a game than a simulation. It uses dice rolls and charts for spotting and hitting, etc. CMx1 fans will might be initially thrown off by the different system.

If you want to scream "IT SUCKS!" or whatever, fine.

Are you an import broker?!

No, never really imported much, I did like imported beer and single malt scotch before I stopped drinkin. Got a couple of imported assault rifles for hunting. I like Montecristo's and Arturo Fuentes from the Dominican, prefer Maduro Wrappers and 48 ring size (I guess they are imported). Looking for a Pinzgauer to restore (Don't think they are made in the USA). Also been playing war games for 41 years (some imported), but a broker.... I dont think so...I have been retired 2 years... why you ask anyway???

If you want to scream "IT SUCKS!" or whatever, fine.

IMHO PC:K 'Sucks'... There I said it softly that time... We will see if PC:O is any good, at least I get the upgrade for free, considering I wasted my money on PC:K... but after playing CM:SF and CM:A I can still answer the OP's question.... CM:BN!!!!

No, never really imported much, I did like imported beer and single malt scotch before I stopped drinkin. Got a couple of imported assault rifles for hunting. I like Montecristo's and Arturo Fuentes from the Dominican, prefer Maduro Wrappers and 48 ring size (I guess they are imported). Looking for a Pinzgauer to restore (Don't think they are made in the USA). Also been playing war games for 41 years (some imported), but a broker.... I dont think so...I have been retired 2 years... why you ask anyway???

Thought maybe I know you, one of "THOSE" people in your area. Well, closer to Charlotte, anyway.

Apart from the different merits of the two games, I have no idea why people are seemingly surprised by CMBN being CMSF modded for WW2. What did you expect CMBN would be then?

I am in no way surprised that CMBN looks like a WW2 mod of CMSF. In fact, that's exactly what I think it will be. I don't have an issue w/that.

There's another thread about "old timers" returning. If they didn't like CMSF, why would they like CMBN? I mean it is basically the same game w/WW2 units.

*PBEM - TCP/IP. Using Drop Box you can play PCO as a combination of PBEM and TCP/IP without any connections through your ISP or any server. This is quick and easy and the turns can be done either back to back as in TCP/IP or saved for later as in PBEM. This is how I play most often and this is great!

Impressive!

There's another thread about "old timers" returning. If they didn't like CMSF, why would they like CMBN? I mean it is basically the same game w/WW2 units.

I agree, unless they didn't like modern warfare... I am not fond of modern warfare, but still really enjoy the game... I like CM:A even better. I really look forward to building scenario's in CM:BN... After it comes out how but a game HintJ... only thing is I am an old dude and have to play WEGO.... let me know :)

Many of us don't like the modern setting and extreme lethality of modern weapons. Many of us don't like asymmetrical warfare. Many of us don't like a vast, open, sand fillled landscape with little to look at (or take cover behind) outside of the odd palm tree.

Myself, I dislike all of the above. No interest at all in CMSF or its modules, but can't wait for CMBN.

My CMx1 buddies have been talking about something like this for CMBN already, and the game isn't even out yet. It sure would make mapmaking less of a chore.

2. The ability to use a file transfer service and incorporate it into your PBEM turns. The game asks you your preferred service and does the rest. Playing a PBEM game like an IP WEGO game would therefore be possible

That would be a really nice feature to have. Coming from a CMx1 background, I was floored to see the size of the turn files in CMBN PBEM games. Emailing these monsters back and forth just isn't going to work well. I'm going to setup a solution using Dropbox, but it sure would be nice if the game would take care of some of this. Shuffling PBEM files was always a pain in CMx1 (I dunno how it is in CMx2).