CM:BN Dutch/Belgian/German preview

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was friggin amazing :D Had a great time and CMBN feels like I hoped it would! The details are beautiful! I loved the trees, building and general setting. It felt a lot more lively than CMSF and the maps are so natural looking compared to CMx1 that it feels like something out of real photographs. I think that everyone who is waiting for this WW2 re-visit based on the new CM series will really enjoy this game.

I thouroughly enjoyed playing around with the QB generator (felt like the good old days of cherry picking, but with a more realistic topping) and playing around with several of the vehicles! Needless to say, StuGs and Panthers are a lot of fun! :D

Had some good head to head action going as well, and the environment felt a lot less insta-gib lethal than CMSF for example :) It simply felt like an ultra detailed version of CMBO, and personally, I think that's a great thing :)

Thanks for the great time guys and thanks for the hospitality again Dave :)

At home at last :-)

first off, it was all nicely organized. There was a big ass beamer set up for those not able to play, and there were 3 machines to play cm:bn on, David and Jurrie had it setup beautifully. Great work guys.

How was cm;bn?

It is smashtastic :-). You have all seen the pretty screenshots, but swooping down The camera to streetlevel will give you 'Movielike scenes' like every time. It is a joy to see squads move about, acting natuarly and seeking cover. Infantry movement and combat feels very organic and I think it will likely be here that cm:bn Will show the greatest improvement in relation to the cmx1 series.

Oh and the vehicles look great :-). We spend some time oogling vehicles, and especially the little variations like shurzen are nice. Trackheads rejoice because they look great :D

We spend some time playing some evil scenario's, a score made by David and Jurrie themselves. There are some surprises, which I will not spoil, but the scenario's gave us the opportunity to see a lot of interesting tactical situations, and of course for them to see a live test of their work. Some remarks; panthers cream shermans, stugs like to turkeyshoot halftracks, and airstrikes sound and look awesome. :-D.

The QB is a blast and I solo-played one against the AI on a very pretty pre-made map, in the fog. I played an mechanized american force with some greyhounds, halftracks and m8's against unknown german forces. It turned out to be a german mechanized force as well and in the end there quite some burning greyhounds and hanomags on the field. I had a blast.

Oh, and the QB let's you cherrypick or autopick, it's nice.

We encountered some problems as well, head to head suffered from some networking problems and we encountered a German bunker which couldn,t be supressed with even with half the american army firing at it.

But I am sure those will be adressed soonish.

All in all the game feels very close to finished, it is stunnningly beautifull at times, feels very realistic and above all is a blast to play.

Damnit I wants to have it. I wants it now! My precious....

At home at last :-)

first off, it was all nicely organized. There was a big ass beamer set up for those not able to play, and there were 3 machines to play cm:bn on, David and Jurrie had it setup beautifully. Great work guys.

How was cm;bn?

It is smashtastic :-). You have all seen the pretty screenshots, but swooping down The camera to streetlevel will give you 'Movielike scenes' like every time. It is a joy to see squads move about, acting natuarly and seeking cover. Infantry movement and combat feels very organic and I think it will likely be here that cm:bn Will show the greatest improvement in relation to the cmx1 series.

Oh and the vehicles look great :-). We spend some time oogling vehicles, and especially the little variations like shurzen are nice. Trackheads rejoice because they look great :D

We spend some time playing some evil scenario's, a score made by David and jurrie themselves. There are some surprises, which I Will not spoil, but the scenario's gave us the opportunity to see a lot of interesting tactical situations, and of course for them to see à live test of their work. Some remarks; panthers cream shermans, stugs like to turkeyshoot halftracks, and airstrikes sound and look awesome. :-D.

The QB is a blast and I solo-played one against the Ai on a very pretty pre-made map, in the fog. I played an mechanized ami force with some greyhounds, halftracks and m8's against unknown german forces. It turned out to be a german mechanized force as well and in the end there quite some burning greyhounds and hanomags on the field.

Oh, and the QB let's you cherrypick or autopick, it's Nice.

We encountered some problems as well, head to head suffered from some networking problems and we encountered a German bunker which couldn,t be supressed with even with half the american army firing at it.

But I am sure those will be adressed soonish.

All in all the game feels very close to finished, it is stunnningly beautifully at times, feels very realistic and above all is a blast to play.

Damnit I wants to have it. I wants it now! My precious....

You forgot the half-track Luger drive-by shooting :D