Favorite NEW weapon in CM:NATO?

c3k

Mine has to be the Panzerfaust 3 (the Improved Tandem-warhead, 600 meter range IT-600 variant).

That is one impressively fun weapon to watch my pixeltruppen use! Laser rangefinding ballistic computer sight? SWEET! I don't think they could've stuffed any more explosive fun into that engorged warhead. Mayhem ready to let fly! I'm purposely loading up my men with rockets and sending them into insane locations so I can induce more fireworks. Mission objective? Hah! My mission objective is to fire off every PzF reload rocket in my inventory!

What have you discovered and why does it register on your fun-meter?

Ken

I'll probably just say the 20mm on the Marder. Insane ROF, chops up infantry and goes through BMPs like it's nothing. Maybe a bit too good, why would anyone want a bigger gun when you get such ROF, huge stockpile of ammunition and it seems to destroy a BMP at any range with the first burst. I played the Teamwork required scenario with 5 Marders knocking out ~20-30 BMPs without taking any return fire that hit. =D

I've only played with the German stuff so far and I'm having too much fun. But for me, so far, (which isn't very far tbh) another vote for the Marder - I love that 20mm meat-chopper. Infantry take one look and withdraw :D But that Milan is also dead handy. It's also nippy, which helps it get out of tight spots.

The Wiesel is also an interesting little toy with that 20mm. Great for knocking out BMPs quickly and teeny tiny so it can hide anywhere. But it's paltry armour means it's something you need to keep well back.

I'm also loving the Panzerfaust 3. Amazing thing. Had one team use one to take out a T-62MV at distance. Couldn't believe it when it brewed up. All that from a light AT weapon!

What, no Shilka yet?

Seeing it spray a target with 23mm is just the most amazing thing. Especially vehicles, where rounds bounce off in every direction.

On the other end of the scale: The CV9035 is a colossal disappointment.

It's spotting suite isn't as spectacular as I'm led to believe the genuine thing is. Don't think the passengers are using the available optics at all. The KETF ammo is seemingly not actually KETF, and will be fired in to every light armour that comes along. Its one saving grace is that its protection seems better then what the UI shows it to be.

Mine has to be the Panzerfaust 3 (the Improved Tandem-warhead, 600 meter range IT-600 variant).

That is one impressively fun weapon to watch my pixeltruppen use! Laser rangefinding ballistic computer sight? SWEET! I don't think they could've stuffed any more explosive fun into that engorged warhead. Mayhem ready to let fly! I'm purposely loading up my men with rockets and sending them into insane locations so I can induce more fireworks. Mission objective? Hah! My mission objective is to fire off every PzF reload rocket in my inventory!

What have you discovered and why does it register on your fun-meter?

Ken

+1, love blowing syrians out of their hidey holes with these :D

The Marder is an amazing IFV, even by today's standards. The Marder went into production way back in 1970 and was way ahead of its time. The only compitition at the time was the BMP-1. It was not until the early 80's that a rival like the Bradley entered the scene. The Marder is truly one of the most revolutionary military vehicles, post WWII.

Maybe not the best but biggest surprise weapon load was when I did a quick battle with the Canadians using poor quality against average Syrians trying to simulate something close to a 80's-90's NATO/Warsaw Pact battle. Not sure if it was the poor quality, but was surprised to find all the basic squads armed with LAW's and Carl Gustavs with only HE rockets. It's a quick overrun by T-72's!

ZSU-23-4 Shilka... I love the gun... it has the same infantry killing capabilities the quad mounted machine gun half tracks in cmak and cmbb...

these things cannot take much damage, though, but in a keyhole position they can strip a tank bare in a mater of seconds! i tested on a marine Abrams and nothing was left but the cannon and machine gun and it was immobilized! the crew decided to aim the active cannon at the Shilka and obliterate it though... :P

I've only played the Canadian campaign and 1 PBEM battle with the Dutch (Dutch Oven), so haven't been exposed to a lot of the NATO content yet. But I do enjoy the Canadian LAV III (TUA) the TOW variant. Its really hard to unearth AT teams in buildings but these seem to hit the win button and wipe em out one per TOW. Haven't had one miss either out of about 20 (on 3rd playthrough of the 2nd campaign mission).

After not quite a week's playing...

1. Having been on the receiving end of RPG-29s, and hating it every time, I'm glad some of my pixeltruppen can for once dish out similar punishment in the form of the PzF 3. After taking fire from a building, it's great to let fly and to hear the decisive bang and see the <?> marker disappear. ("That'll shut 'em up...")

2. The Rh202 (on Marder and Wiesel both): an upscaled MG3 with both HE and APDS rounds. I don't know what the German equivalent of "oo-rah" is, but it certainly applies.

3. The PzH 2000 is scary. I called for a Short/Armor mission from one on a lurking Shilka, and it scored, not the one hit which would have been necessary, but six or seven. My experience with the Brits' AS90 has been that it's so accurate, it can be used like a long-range indirect-fire anti-tank gun (on stationary targets), and the PzH 2000 is even better.

4. The MG3: it's great to get as many rounds on target in a single burst as it takes the M240 or FN MAG two or three bursts to achieve.

5. Having grown fond of USMC LAV-25, I rather like the Canadians' LAV III. Sure, it's not as stalwart as the other IFVs in the module, but it can dish out good firepower and carries more dismounts than the others.

6. Last but not least, the Leopard, specifically the Leopard 2A6. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does the Leo 2A6 have passive countermeasure capability not too dissimilar from the in-game T-90? The first indication I get that there are enemy ATGMs nearby is, not when one of my Leos takes a hit, but when one of them pops smoke and then I hear the explosion of an ATGM augering in. Evidently the Leo 2A6 has the capability to sense when it gets lased and can automatically pop smoke. When I played the first scenario of the German campaign, in a couple instances a Leo spotted and also knocked out an ATGM even before the missile was halfway to the tank, and this through its own smoke! And having two MG3s per tank with which to pour fire on enemy positions is great too.

On the other end of the scale: The CV9035 is a colossal disappointment.

It's spotting suite isn't as spectacular as I'm led to believe the genuine thing is. Don't think the passengers are using the available optics at all. The KETF ammo is seemingly not actually KETF, and will be fired in to every light armour that comes along. Its one saving grace is that its protection seems better then what the UI shows it to be.

I´m not impressed by the protection either. The side ERA of the warrior could shrug off anything up to an AT7. So far my CV9035s die or ar completely immobilized with a dead engine by every RPG7 hit.