A teeny weeny little bug thread for NATO

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful here believe me, but I thought it would be pro-active of me to create a bug thread as I'm sure there will be some that slipped through.

One feature that works in CMA and is not working in NATO (and is mentioned in the 1.30 features list):

o When a support mission is activated, its estimated time of arrival continues to be updated in the Support View as time passes. Note that this is only an estimated time, and the actual arrival can come sooner or later.

This is not working for me in my first mission playing as the Germans (WEGO). If I get this right, once you call artillery, the countdown should work - as it does in CMA telling you more or less when to expect it. It seems to work for adjusting, but not plotting once the original plan has been set (just as in the other modules).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just loaded one up and it is working for me as well. Once it gets to the point that spotting is over and rounds are dropping the countdown is displayed in the icon of the firing unit and not in the "Mission Parameters" area for the arrival of the rest of the ordered load.

Is there any chance you have a saved game you could send me?

Well that's really weird. I've just fired up my save game and tried it again. Plotted the artillery, and the countdown works! I swear it wasn't working earlier, although that could have been me looking at it after the spotting rounds of course. The 'delivery' line was blank. It feels slightly different to CMA - but then maybe it should.

Explosive weapon hits to vehicles now cause some damage and suppression to nearby infantry (which is not mentioned in the 1.30 features list), but very large ones like JDAMs making direct hits still do not do realistic damage to surrounding infantry. Big improvements all around though, and I'm having fun just starting the "Back on Tracks" campaign!

There is definitely an issue adjusting artillery guys. I've got the save game here which i will keep and forward on (if you can provide an email address). I've tried it with two different types of arty, 120 and 155. General and personnel. It doesn't occur every time, but from time to time it will stick when adjusting. I've just waited 10 minutes for my 155 to adjust (it says <1) and the mission ended.

Canadians

• Vehicle-mounted 7.62mm MG is labeled "M240" (when actually manned by pixelsoldat) rather than "C6"
  • Nyala armament is labeled "7.62mm MG", but weapon model is that of M2HB
  • CF-188A is listed in editor as "F/A-18D"
  • C15 uses same sound as SVD and .338 Lapua Magnum-chambered rifles (which have the same sound whether suppressor-equipped or not)

And why the base C9 rather than the C9A1 or the C9A2?

Here's what I noticed starting the Dutch campaign. It seems the Dutch Army DOESN'T FIELD ANY RADIOS on the battlefield except in their tanks. My infantry and YPR's in the first mission certainly don't have any displayed in their GUI, and they are constantly out of C2 except when in signalling range.

This can't be right, can it? Makes life a little difficult when trying to call in support or "storm the fort" as the briefing says (using a single platoon of infantry amounting to 26 men, who are all out of C2). Other than that, it's an excellent map with some really fiendish surprises, great work Sergei!

I did a little searching, and it appears the Dutch Army doesn't have an integrated communication network for all soldiers in operation.

I found a policy document from 1997 where the defence ministry started a project to provide such a system, the 'Soldier Modernization Programme', but I also found a piece by the defence minister dated May 2010 where they are still trying to procure a system, project VOSS.

Yet, for frontline soldiers there must be something operational, as I saw YouTube videos of Dutch soldiers in Afghanistan using a handsfree set during combat.

Edit: indeed, I found this piece of standard equipment:

http://www.boekje-pienter.nl/html/p.htm#prr

Maybe I'm wrong, but the german mountaineers still use mules for resupply issues. Yet I'm not able to find them in the TOE. But even without them, they play quite differently to the other forces.

If they don't ride those mules into combat, then they are out of scope in the game. Not to mention that mules are meant for places like really desolate mountain areas, not a flat Syria where everything is accessible by vehicle.