US Army HD mod

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to do everything in "HD", but I've been swamped with university stuff. Hopefully when I get some free time again I'll release my updated HD US Army, USMC, and sound mod. Then I'll get around to buying NATO and maybe doing some of those guys.

It'll be slow going though, I got to round out my portfolio too for this summer. So I got a lot of unrelated modding and 3d work to do in addition.

HD sound v0.68 has been uploaded to the repository, should be up in a bit. Features a number of tweaks, including yet another sound for the 5.56 rifles (poppy, but less whoosh... if that makes sense) among other things like a new more cloth-ripping MG3 sound. Music is now in a seperate folder to make it easier to find and remove if you so desire.

Still trying to figure out what sound the Marder uses, I think there's an old unused 20mm sound that came with base CMSF, it'll be something for the next update.

Trying my hand at some quick HD germans to go with my playthrough of the campaign (making high res flecktarn was a pain, no good samples, so I had to remake the BF pattern at a higher res).

All the german gear was pretty confusing, I tried to kit them out to match what appears to be a older vest they're wearing.

Changes

-Higher res flecktarn, somewhat less yellow (still going for the second gen non-white stuff).

-New helemet covers with the "molle-like" stuff for sticking in brush I geuss.

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/photos/flphc3ua500c.jpg

-Flag and "germany" patches on both shoulders

-new pockets, buttoned leg pocket and small buttoned arm pocket.

-occasional woodland flecktarn vests.

th_ger1.jpg

th_ger2.jpg

Going to probably make a few more tweaks and release it, not going to go super in depth. Just need some more info on german gear circa whenever they wore that armor vest. Could probably make newer germans by hijacking the Canadian model and giving em the new armor/uniform with shoulder velcro (new helmet cover too?).

Is there any NVG mounts or LBE they used?

One more update, been fuchsing around with some new camo on the fuchs. Added new helemts too, some with NVG mounts (strap that goes from front to back of helmet)

An attempt at 3 color desert (Wüstentarnanstrich?).

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/45300937396b71dc7279b.jpg/

The templates are nice... but some vehicles seem to be missing?

Anyway, pictures, let me know if this looks right (no markings/details yet):

th_fuchs2.jpg

th_fuchs1.jpg

EDIT: NATO projects split off into another thread. I'll reuse this thread for updates to the US stuff.

Thanks for the refernce, I could probably use any good reference you guys got.

Got the colors looking warmer and lighter (I think it looks great for Syria). Added plenty of dust and put in the details and makings. Got color codes for the camo from here, so they should be accurate, http://bwmod.armedassault.info/tutorials.php?id=1 . While the germans seem to use a ton of different camo patterns based on the environment, I'll probably stick to this mostly and maybe plain sand and sand-brown on some vehicles due to the environment and for consistency.

th_fuchs6.jpg

th_fuchs5.jpg

th_fuchs3.jpg

th_fuchs4.jpg

• 3 years later...

Question Skwabie "vehicles are no-go for SF"...

Are you not getting HD resolutions on the Abrams & Bradley using Ryujin's HD Mod?

Buzz,

they're working very well. Only that I thought vehicle texture randomization doesn't work for SF.

But later found out... it actually does. I now have Ryujin's mod mixed with default skins, so e.g. a plt of abrams can have different skins on them. Pretty nice.:)

otoh I've dropped the uniform texture mods, as in one scenario (Valhalla) fps loss was about 40%.