US Army HD mod

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame it wasn't programmed that you could do different decals for Tanks\Vehicles to personalise them. I'd have thought that would have been considered when CMSF was being developed. It would add alot to the immersion stakes. Achtung Panzer has this...the russian tanks all have different names painted on them..the Germans the individual tank No.

Also I hope there is a new damage model in the future games. Where you see to actual damage to the tank\vehicle...

Excellent...it's a long time since I played the original CM..wasn't that a feature?

Yeah, but I don't think you could look at the status of individual parts. Now you can look at the status, but you get no prompts. For turn based I don't mind it too much, I just check the status of any vehicles I saw get hit. (you shouldn't get info on enemy tanks though like you did in CMx1).

@waffelmann: Sure, I can make you one. Do you mean flat green or 3 color NATO? Do you want it sandy like it's been in the desert?

I noticed on the British WRAP 2 (think its the right name) I have some with and some with out some kind of green sacking along the side...does this mean we can get more variation going for the same vehicle instead of them all looking the same...it's the only vehicle I've noticed that has some kind of extra and some without.

AFAIK every vehicle in the game is at least capable of having this sort of variations , and many if not most already feature it in the stock game. Soldiers and equipment can have the same variations as well. That's how soldiers have different faces.

There is a randomization system for infantry textures and models. There is no randomization system for vehicle textures or evidently vehicle models either. The vehicle "clutter" appears to be handled differently, it's probably all n the model and then the display is toggled or something. I haven't figured it out yet.

Unfortunately the vehicle situation isn't good, can't randomize the textures and the clutter is already random, but unchangeable other than texture (which isn't much use) as it's mostly model stuff. BF uses a very very odd format, so odd I might just guess it's a homemade plugin that spits them out. I've never seen it before at least.

In better news, while I've been working a lot on the sound part, here's some US Army "retro" units I'm working on:

th_CMShockForce2010-06-1901-16-51-55.jpg

th_CMShockForce2010-06-1901-14-20-28.jpg

th_CMShockForce2010-06-1901-17-58-03.jpg

Of course inspired by a certain Ramadi map... :D There will be retro marines too (MARPAT + older interceptor vests).

yes, it'll be one big package. I also may have found out a few new tricks, I've been doing some more messing around. Also been doing the war torn buildings and wrapping up the iraqi police.

However, I'm taking a couple day's break to work on my real modding. Gotta put some BUIS on and texture this baby: http://www.crymod.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72535

yes, it'll be one big package. I also may have found out a few new tricks, I've been doing some more messing around. Also been doing the war torn buildings and wrapping up the iraqi police.

However, I'm taking a couple day's break to work on my real modding. Gotta put some BUIS on and texture this baby: http://www.crymod.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72535

Very cool. I am just about to pull the trigger on buying the real thing (or the upper at least, as I have a lower).

• 3 weeks later...