Next release: Nato-Modul!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean the module will be released before CMN?

Remember CMSF:NATO is not reinventing the wheel. CM: Normandy (or whatever its going to be called) is changing everything including the opening music, the user interface and even the position of the sun in the sky! So the two aren't racing eachother to the finish line, NATO's started the race already 3/4 the way around the track.

Nato module would be nice to have while waiting for CMN. Then the latter could be released several months later.

or why not have all of them release at the same time. i dont mind purchasing Normand, Afg and Nato as a bundle package.

so the idea of one game hurting the release of another does not hold true for BFC gamers.

We will purchase them all, just as long it has the Combat Mission logo.

i was looking around on this topic and i dont think this was talked about but and i think its a little late of a idea but with the nato one coming out and all why always the desert environment? in the middle east but my idea was eastern europe setting to add on to this great new mod but i guess its a little late to add in?

i was looking around on this topic and i dont think this was talked about but and i think its a little late of a idea but with the nato one coming out and all why always the desert environment? in the middle east but my idea was eastern europe setting to add on to this great new mod but i guess its a little late to add in?

The old version of the engine can't handle dense vegetation game-mechanics (LOS, LOF, cover, concealment).

Normandy will fix that, so for cold-war-hot you'll have to wait for the first modern post-normandy release.

Lat October Steve said this. Of course that was 6 months ago and things may have changed but I still hope we get them. Also here is where I make my standard pitch for a Syrian truck.

We are far more flexible with the organization of Syria's Unconventional forces because we invented them ;) We do intend on making new formations for NATO.

Steve

I would like to see more men in some Unconventional squads.Maybe almost as many as the Marines to simulate a Mob or just a larger grouping of men coming to battle.I think they would put up a good fight and make some engagements last longer.

Can't wait to find out all the goodies they are putting into the NATO mod, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.:)

My own vote would be for a fixed ammo dump for use by Syrians, or at least a GAZ jeep, pickup truck and/or taxi with spare RPG rockets and rifle ammo in the back for resupply. But an (unarmored) Syrian truck would be nice too.

I think a lot of people would vote for that. Me included! :)

-

Yeah, +1 on resupply for all infantry weapons, at least via vehicles if not ammo dumps of some kind. This also counts for Blue infantry, notably their large-caliber sniper rifles (as clamored for already)...

My own vote would be for a fixed ammo dump for use by Syrians, or at least a GAZ jeep, pickup truck and/or taxi with spare RPG rockets and rifle ammo in the back for resupply. But an (unarmored) Syrian truck would be nice too.

And if you look at some CM:Afghanistan pics, the model is already done, so why not! :)