Next release: Nato-Modul!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this still being worked on?

There have been no news on this module for ages. While there are already more or less regular updates on the Normandy game. What's taking so long? I don't think I'm unreasonable here. I'm willing to give you my money for your product. I know this is a niche game, you're not catering to the masses and all that but it is kind of weird if you have to beg as a customer to get some updates.

Is this still being worked on?

Me and quite a few other testers have been working our butts off on it. So, yes, it is most certainly being worked on. I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with the quality and hard work being put into the campaign and scenarios. :)

I´ve had the soldiers in green camou and that´s how they are in the game right now. However this is not correct. I´m in the process of changing that to desert camou now. I´m hoping another week and I´ll be done with it. I´ll post the screens then.

-

I've got a question. Since their is three countries simulated in the NATO module, will their be three mini campaigns based on each, or will there be one with linked but with seperate campaign battles being fought concurrently (such as one from Germans perspective then win or lose you play a Canadian one but the outcome of the German one may or may not effect what's going on in the Canadian one...), or will the three countries form a joint task force in one campaign?

Side note: I recently read "Contact Charlie" by Wattie about the Canadians of Task Force Orion, and "3 Para" by Bishop about the British of Task Force Helmand. Both books mention that they create a joint task force for an operation but neither author goes into any detail (OPSEC???).

I´ve had the soldiers in green camou and that´s how they are in the game right now. However this is not correct. I´m in the process of changing that to desert camou now. I´m hoping another week and I´ll be done with it. I´ll post the screens then.

I take it from this post, that you are the one doing the Soldiers Skins for the NATO mod?If so that is great to hear and sweet honey to my ears.I can't wait to see those Canadian Soldiers :D.

Alpha? I'm surprised at that.

In a way pleased because either that's a somewhat unflattering shot or the Leo C2 could use a little work. Turret sides don't look too pretty, unless that's some additional armour package and it's supposed to be like that. Cool to see it though. Hadn't expected it to be included.

The Diemaco C-7 colours, are you sure those are correct?

Google can't find much pictures of troops that aren't black hand guard and stock and if different not that shade of green, thoug it does sem that's the factory standard. Also, it seems only telescopic stocks, is that correct?

Last image, Leo 2A6?

Well, everything is work in progress until the module is released.

The Leo C2 is accurate from all the references and the info I have. It has a MEXAS kit "made of thick composite plates that fill in above the road- wheels while extending the turret sides, hull and glacis plate."

It can use more dirt and sand though. All those green vehicles don´t look green once they get to the desert!

The C-7 colors, again, follow the references I have. The green does stand out in a sand environment though. I´m still looking into this.

In the background is a Leo 2A6M. It has extra mine protection and bar armor.

-

Hmmm, I think I'll have to withdraw the C2 comment.

When I made it I had this in mind:

leopardc2canadianforces.jpg

Notice how the turret armour upper and lower plate appear one piece?

But on more googling, the armour arrangement seems to typically look more like the model you have.

leopardc2l10.jpg

So it turns out the edge between the upper and lower plate are as ugly on the real thing as on the model. Weldone!

My bad, sorry.

Great work Webwing!! I almost feel like singing the National Anthem lol.Thanks for the Alpha pics, looks fantastic.

Here's some pics from Afghanistan that I found on the internet.Shows how some of the Canadian Soldiers are geared up in the Middle East.

690468399l.jpg

AR2008-K055-38.jpg

Canadian_soldier_shakes_hand_with_a.jpg

soldier-cp-w-5141713.jpg

warfighter.jpg