The differnece between 1.11 and Christmas?

In my country you got sick day, but the first day you are sick you dont get any payment at all, and for the days after that you only get 80% of your normal payment...

Thats just evil. In my country we call them "Rostered days sick" or " Mental health days".

There are less drunk drivers during 1.11 than Christmas (I hope).

Id say the similarities rather than the difference.

Every patch is like Xmas, you look forward to it finally being fixed just as you look forward to getting a whole tranch of juicy techno gifts, only to be dissapointed when you get socks.

Patches are like those socks, seem OK for a while and then you discover theyre not wool at all but horrible acrylic...... comfy for a wee while but ultimately not what you thought you were getting.

Back to differences...there's no cheesy movie with an even cheesier sequel featuring Tim Allen about 1.11 - except knowing Allen there might well be one someday...me and my big mouth!!

EDIT: What about "How the Grinch stole 1.11"? Am I onto something here? Steve, are you by any chance green and hairy?

Not the best list but here are my top 10

1. You know that Christmas will eventually come
  2. Christmas Relatives are more tolerable than people complaining about the wait for v1.11
  3. The joy of Christmas lasts a day, V1.11 lasts a lifetime, or until WWII
  4. Christmas has Eggnog
  5. Swearing around Christmas is frowned upon, swearing at unit pathing while waiting for v1.11 is the norm
  6. Everyone appreciates Christmas
  7. Santa gets a whole year to work on Christmas
  8. Christmas is the finale, v1.11 is just the prelude to WWII
  9. No one asks Santa "Why does Rudolph's nose glow red, I think it would be cool if you made it alternate colors in a swirling pattern and shoot out sparkles in the shape of snowflakes and emits a wave of joy and happiness wherever Rudolph goes."
  10. No one gets hurt in a snowball fight