Meta Campaign for CM:SF?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like it to be immediately following the new module - but to be realistic; probably 2-4 weeks after the NATO release. Possibly sooner.

/sdp

Maybe ask Steve for some support, this meta campaign could do some good press for their company. I don't see the downside of them giving you some early access to things to help get the campaign off the ground earlier.

Maybe ask Steve for some support, this meta campaign could do some good press for their company. I don't see the downside of them giving you some early access to things to help get the campaign off the ground earlier.

@sdp. Thanks for your responses. The site is good looking and as above all good press for SF.

• 4 months later...

This is reminder for those players who have enlisted in the Meta Campaign earlier; you have received an email (sent to the address you registered) to confirm if you still wish to take part in this campaign. If you do not want to participate disregard this reminder. If you do, visit the Operation Nemesis website to confirm.

Not enlisted in OPNEM? Unfortunately at the moment no free slots are available. This might however change in the weeks to come.

cheers/

sdp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so the review of registered forum members (of OPNEM) still active is almost finished.

Some users have registered an account at the OPNEM forum after enlistment was closed - your accounts have now been activated and you're welcome to state your choice of side in the Enlistment thread over at the OPNEM forum. Once you've done that I'll make you members of the preferred team and you will be granted access to the team subforums.

At the team subforums you'll be able to pick a free unit to command - let me know what your prefer by posting in the "orbat-thread" of respective subforum. Once you're a member of one of the teams you can also access the Team HQ pages of the OPNEM website and GDocs.

To those registered members of the OPNEM forum who have not yet stated your choice of team: now is the time do it or you'll miss out on the start of the campaign!

To those registered members who have not answered the general call for confirmation that was sent out a couple of weeks ago; if no reply has been received by the end of this week, your account will be deactivated.

At the moment there's need for red Operational Commanders, so if you feel like you're up to it, have a look at the website of the campaign to learn more about playing as an OPCO in this Combat Mission Meta Campaign.

cheers/

sdp

Well, for starters anyway ;-) I'll make you a member of the blue team and after that you'll be able to access the blue subforum (and the blue orbat).

You should preferably have all 3 modules, but you will be able to participate even if you don't - there's a certain risk however that you won't be able to play out a Tactical Battle (TACBAT) if there's equipment involved that you haven't got. On the other hand; there will be plenty of TACBAT situations to choose from.

cheers/

sdp

eniced73, if you visit the GDocs page for your team and look at the appropriate ORBAT roster, you should see your name next to your chosen formation with the words "participation confirmed" next to it. I was checking for this myself today.

P.S.: I finally got my PBEM problems sorted out yesterday and sent you a file. Did you get it? :)

• 1 month later...

i dont ever remember any debates about how to work with or around the rules... but i guess just like that sdp decided to drop the whole thing...

"LATEST UPDATES

web site last updated January 2nd 2011

Operation Nemesis has been cancelled. Due to the perceived shortcomings of the rule sets I've decided not go ahead with this meta-campaign.

I wish to thank all of you that enlisted and so enthusiastically put effort into this project. This website will close in short.

The TACMAPs of the MC will be uploaded to GAJs CMSF Mods Warehouse when I find the time.

cheers/sdp"

Most unfortuate. I was so looking forward to Operation Nemesis. I do hope that it wasn't individuals being over forceful trying to get some rules changed.

I thank sdp for his efforts in this. To work for a year on this and then decide it is best to stand down and walk away has got to be very hard.

i dont ever remember any debates about how to work with or around the rules... but i guess just like that sdp decided to drop the whole thing...

"LATEST UPDATES

web site last updated January 2nd 2011

Operation Nemesis has been cancelled. Due to the perceived shortcomings of the rule sets I've decided not go ahead with this meta-campaign.

I wish to thank all of you that enlisted and so enthusiastically put effort into this project. This website will close in short.

The TACMAPs of the MC will be uploaded to GAJs CMSF Mods Warehouse when I find the time.

cheers/sdp"

Holy cow, that's a shock. Thanks for posting it here.

sdp. I'm sad to hear that.

I appreciate the work that you put into this thing. (Everybody else that I communcated with also appreciated your noteable efforts).

That said, it is obviously your decission to put it down at any point, especially if you feel any of us have come accross as overly critical, or even just because you want to.

Is there any chance that after some time reflecting that you may reconsider your decison? Or be happy for somebody else to pick up where you left off- which as it happens looked pretty much done?

Once again, considering CMSFs limitations, great rules set, outstanding work on the map, counters etc so good luck if you decide to look at this again or try another project in the future.

V

Hhmm...he shut it down due to "perceived shortcomings of rule sets." So in other words, there were some whiners and nitpickers having tantrums over his work. What a shame. It was a phenominal site which showed he obviously put a tremendous amount of work and creativity into it.

Just goes to show you there are always a few who got to ruin it for everybody else.

It was a phenominal site which showed he obviously put a tremendous amount of work and creativity into it.

That's good word for describing it. Did you read the rules set. Some phenominal ideas that were relatively balanced; like his strategic points system that included high value targets for Blue.

I was the Syrian CinC for this and I can tell you it came as just as a big surprise for me. I thought the rules were pretty solid actually. Last we spoke sdp was working on some clarifications and amendments but we were actually putting troops on the board.

Maybe there was a blow-up on the Blue side but we were basically ready to go on the Red side.

I was the Syrian CinC for this and I can tell you it came as just as a big surprise for me. I thought the rules were pretty solid actually. Last we spoke sdp was working on some clarifications and amendments but we were actually putting troops on the board.

Maybe there was a blow-up on the Blue side but we were basically ready to go on the Red side.

That's odd because I discussed it with a senior Blue and we both thought 'obviously some heavy poop in the Red forum'.

I hope that sdp didn't get any vile pm or email.

There was nothing visible going wrong from the blue side. Maybe something was going wrong behind the scenes.

I hope someone can pick up this campaign - I would like to play it. We could even do it as a team, there's no need for a one man show.

To be honest, I thought it was a big task for one man show. When I scoped it I assuemd there was a team of at least 3. Phenominal!