Meta Campaign for CM:SF?

That's odd because I discussed it with a senior Blue and we both thought 'obviously some heavy poop in the Red forum'.

I hope that sdp didn't get any vile pm or email.

No poop on our end. We had a couple outstanding questions but these were relatively obscure (ie austere airfields, how AD was going to be handled, out of theatre terror attacks) the core rules we had no issues with. We were actually finalizing deployment of irregulars and prep-ed to deploy the main body.

No major dust ups or yelling matches on our end.

Who was the Blue CinC btw, I would love to compare plans, even if we can't execute them :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No poop on our end. We had a couple outstanding questions but these were relatively obscure (ie austere airfields, how AD was going to be handled, out of theatre terror attacks) the core rules we had no issues with. We were actually finalizing deployment of irregulars and prep-ed to deploy the main body.

No major dust ups or yelling matches on our end.

Who was the Blue CinC btw, I would love to compare plans, even if we can't execute them :)

I couldn't discern any major rants or flames in Blue either. Some new guys (old to cm) and a few of us were clarifying points and some mildy put suggestions. Like Op Map use of air power and force losses.

Edited: that said, it was a huge task that sdp was doing and looked like a labour of love to me. I could see a scenario where if somebody started to get a lot of questions and suggestions in a short space it may have felt like critique, or felt like a pressure to keep make justifications. When any final justification could have been, hey my game, play or don't. Hey, if you're following this sdp, no hard feelings bud. Hope that you get some use from the outstanding stuff that you produced. Oh yeah, keep your chin up.

I've sent email and asked our CinC to get back to you here. I also suggested that you do not disclose plans yet incase sdp has a change of heart or he lets a group pick it up.

Would love to see your plans though, you can pm them to me here or to SE Corps Commander over on the Operation Nemisis forum. :) Pleas include locations of high value character targets.

I hope I didn’t cause it, all I did was send him an email stating due to my work and because of the holidays was coming up if the campaign will start after the holidays.

It is a huge task in doing something in this scale. Having just one person to run it can be overwhelming not to mention it will eat up your life. You can’t let anything else distract you; you have to remain focus on the campaign. I’m not sure if he had anybody else to help him.

I couldn't discern any major rants or flames in Blue either. Some new guys (old to cm) and a few of us were clarifying points and some mildy put suggestions. Like Op Map use of air power and force losses.

Edited: that said, it was a huge task that sdp was doing and looked like a labour of love to me. I could see a scenario where if somebody started to get a lot of questions and suggestions in a short space it may have felt like critique, or felt like a pressure to keep make justifications. When any final justification could have been, hey my game, play or don't. Hey, if you're following this sdp, no hard feelings bud. Hope that you get some use from the outstanding stuff that you produced. Oh yeah, keep your chin up.

I've sent email and asked our CinC to get back to you here. I also suggested that you do not disclose plans yet incase sdp has a change of heart or he lets a group pick it up.

Would love to see your plans though, you can pm them to me here or to SE Corps Commander over on the Operation Nemisis forum. :) Pleas include locations of high value character targets.

Heh, well we weren't quite at that stage wrt HVTs. What we did have was a Strat layout of the force and my overall intent. Next step was to get the detailed deployment of the forces, which we were just getting into, Corp commanders had draft plans and all.

I can hold off for a bit in case sdp changes his mind.